'22 LA CB Jordan Allen

If you have to call yourself “lockdown” on your tweet page. You either better be very good or you are very arrogant.

Didn't watch his film. Was speaking in the title that's says Safety and his nickname is lockdown. Which is kinda like a big foot sighting.

The 6-foot, 185-pound Allen, who also added offers from Louisville on Monday and UCLA on Tuesday, said Banks and Tennessee defensive backs coach Willie Martinez informed him of his offer from the Vols.

“They like my versatility. They love my physicality and (that) I play like I love football,” said Allen, who’s ranked the No. 463 overall prospect and No. 28 safety in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“I was excited to get the offer. I’ve been communicating with them for a while.”

He said new Tennessee head coach Josh Heupel’s staff believes he’s capable of playing virtually any position in the secondary.

“They said I can play slot corner, outside corner and safety,” Allen said.

Tennessee has plenty of competition for Allen. He also has picked up offers from Georgia, Miami, Mississippi State, Penn State, South Carolina, Arkansas, Michigan, Louisville, Nebraska, N.C. State, UCLA, Virginia and Indiana, among others. But he said he’s already interested in taking a closer look at the Vols.

He said he’s not likely to travel to Knoxville until sometime after the ongoing dead period for recruiting, which will run through at least May 31. But he’s hoping to see for himself what Tennessee has to offer.

“I would like to visit there,” Allen said.
-Callahan

OCTOBER 25, 9:15 AM UPDATE:
One of Ole Miss' top weekend visitors has re-opened his recruiting process.
Jordan Allen, senior defensive back out of Lafayette (La.) Christian Academy, has decommitted from Penn State. He had been committed to the Nittany Lions since July.
The senior standout, who has collected more than 40 scholarship offers throughout the process, took a weekend trip to Ole Miss for its sold out showdown with LSU. Multiple reports suggest the trip was an official visit, where he would spend 48 hours in Oxford on the program's dime.
The Rebels have been courting Allen since March and the program made his top six before the PSU commitment. Tennessee, Georgia, Louisville and Miami rounded out that group.

Ole Miss Recruiting Tracker: Top Rebel DB Target Jordan Allen Decommits from Penn State Following Oxford Visit - The Grove Report – Sports Illustrated at Ole Miss

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Allen just went to Ole Miss on an official visit over the weekend, so the Rebels obviously appear to be one of the main contenders. I think it’s possible that Tennessee could kick the tires to see if he’s interested, but nothing I’ve heard suggests that the Vols are currently one of the main teams in the running.

Keep in mind that Allen had an official visit to Tennessee scheduled back in June for a while, but he ended up not making the trip. So we’ll see if anything comes of that.
callahan

VN Store

Back