'22 LA RB Dylan Sampson (Tennessee signee)

I think they actually taught football skills pretty well and had a good S&C. Pruitt wasn't a good enough leader to lead the team and manage the staff. His apparently pervasive negativity didn't get anyone to perform.

But mostly his decision making and stubbornness did him in. He believed so blindly that his perception of a player's performance in practice indicated who would be the best to play on Saturday... that he refused to see abject failures of performance on Saturdays.

I actually think the new staff inherited guys with talent who know how to tackle, run routes, block, etc. They just never really learned how to do it as a unit.
Precisely...

Pruitt knew football. He just didn't know what it took to become a good HC.

We’ve now watched Rick Barnes revive basketball and Tony V. revive baseball precisely by getting guys like this - slightly underrated prospects that are great fits for their programs.

Just relax and enjoy the process. Going after these kinds of guys early in a coaches tenure works - we’ve seen it first hand.

Yup. Butch Jones could get talent, but he got a lot of players that didn't fit his system and it showed. Pruitt could recruit well too. But he was a terrible in game coach and a poor leader. CJH is tbd, but I like that he is targeting guys who are fits and not simply chasing stars. You show your system works, and those elite recruits will take notice.

This will make you feel better….. Clemson four recruiting classes leading up to their first championship was 9,16,15, and 20…… to make you even more sick during those same four years: 4,7,25,and 19…… the only thing that matters is where they would be rated four years on campus….. nick saban and Dabo are two of the best evaluators, and developers….. that’s what I hope heup is.
I hope Vols are in the top 20 in recruiting this year. Would be an accomplishment.

I see Alabama and Clemson enough each season murdering everyone on their way to another championship to know the rankings do matter. With that being said this kid has elite speed and the lack of camps due to covid makes it hard to make judgement for recruiting sites.
Good post

Reactions: norrislakevol
Watched his Junior year film. The kid is super fast with quick moves and good vision. Seems to bounce runs to the outside too much. He can get away with that in high school, but probably not in the SEC. He need to work on pad leverage and put on some pounds without losing his speed. Looked like to me with a solid senior year and some more scouts watching that he could be bumped to a 4 ⭐️. I hope he sticks if he gets his 4th ⭐️. Really nice pickup for the coaches. Go VOLS!

I mean Sampson can scoot but good lord that’s a .33 difference….. that’s a long time

It is a good bit of difference. But Swartz was probably the fastest player in college football last year and is a world class sprinter. And a .33 difference over 100 meters isn't nearly the same as a .33 difference over 40 yards.

The point is, Sampson can scoot. Will probably be in the 98th percentile of college football players in speed.

VN Store

Back