‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Unproven recruiter also…which is a death knell in Baton Rouge. Most obvious solution is waiting down the road. Napier cleans up there. I hope they mess this up and go elsewhere.
If he loaded his staff with quality recruiters I think he’d do well. Could have Coley as an OC in name only and take Muschamp/Schumann/Cory Raymond at DC. Assuming that 2019 LSU offense wasn’t a one off, his offense would recruit itself.

If he loaded his staff with quality recruiters I think he’d do well. Could have Coley as an OC in name only and take Muschamp/Schumann/Cory Raymond at DC. Assuming that 2019 LSU offense wasn’t a one off, his offense would recruit itself.
Just not the setting for a grand experiment and a guy that doesn’t seem that much into the college game. IF all those recruiters take a leap of faith to take orders from someone with less skin in the game than themselves. His one time claim to fame wasn’t even as a PLAYCALLER. He helped install elements of that offense which launched Burrow. Would be even more of a reach hire than Pruitt…imo. As I said…hope they do it because the best hire is Napier.

Reactions: Atlanta917
Unproven recruiter also…which is a death knell in Baton Rouge. Most obvious solution is waiting down the road. Napier cleans up there. I hope they mess this up and go elsewhere.
I will laugh if Napier said no thanks to us and Auburn then doesn’t get the LSU Job when it came open the next year.

Just not the setting for a grand experiment and a guy that doesn’t seem that much into the college game. IF all those recruiters take a leap of faith to take orders from someone with less skin in the game than themselves. His one time claim to fame wasn’t even as a PLAYCALLER. He helped install elements of that offense which launched Burrow. Would be even more of a reach hire than Pruitt…imo. As I said…hope they do it because the best hire is Napier.
Would definitely be a low floor, high ceiling gamble.

Reactions: butchna
So LSU hiring Kiffin, fisher or Brady in hopes of landing Arch? You won’t get him with Franklin. This move was down for a reason now. They were getting too far behind the Manning sweepstakes. I don’t think Brady wants to deal with college recruiting but if there was a school it might be LSU

So LSU hiring Kiffin, fisher or Brady in hopes of landing Arch? You won’t get him with Franklin. This move was down for a reason now. They were getting too far behind the Manning sweepstakes. I don’t think Brady wants to deal with college recruiting but if there was a school it might be LSU

Kiffin seems like the only real possibility out of those 3. Could see Brady staying in NFL bc recruiting sucks and Jimbo is cashing fat A&M checks and just upset Bama.

Kiffin makes $4.5/yr.

I’m not sure he’d leave tho, lower expectations at Ole Miss and he’s already a god to those people (and some in our own fanbase).

Reactions: overseasorange2
Heupel wouldn’t accept a commit from a kid that plays JV ball every week lol. Every QB he’s offered looks ready to play college ball tomorrow, even the 2024 kids

Pleaseeeeee say blue font. Tayven is not a day 1 qb nor is any of the qbs being recruited outside of Arch and he’s not considering UT as of now.

Kiffin is not going to LSU. I also doubt Jimbo goes either. The question is does Brady love LSU and colleg as much as they love him.

Those seem to be the floor, if the reports about the LSU AD are true, he’s aiming higher. But those are two great fall back options.
I think Woodward is going to be surprised at how many turn downs he gets. He’s told the world that you can win a national title and still get fired 1.5 years later. Job security doesn’t exist at LSU.

I think Woodward is going to be surprised at how many turn downs he gets. He’s told the world that you can win a national title and still get fired 1.5 years later. Job security doesn’t exist at LSU.
I think he will say that was all due to Coach O’s behavior off the field, and it would probably be more than a little true. LSU is a top 5 job, and there will be plenty of interest. Everyone not named Saban is only a couple of losing seasons from the hot seat at these big time jobs. I do agree that Jimbo Fisher, who has the greatest job security this side of Xi Jinping, might pass on it, though.

Extenuating circumstances with Ed O

VN Store

Back