‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Yeah all those college programs who have offered him and are after him are just doing it bc of his last name

I think the truth probably lies in the middle. He’s a good enough prospect to garner top offers. He’s probably not a top 10 in the nation/#1 QB prospect.

But again, that’s based on one game. Maybe he was off.

Yeah, same kids Peyton and Eli played against 25-30 years ago… surely nothing could’ve changed in that time frame

They’ve always been a single A private school in the lowest classification. When Peyton was being recruited, one of the knocks was poor competition, which was cited as a reason why Josh Booty was ranked the #1 QB in Louisiana (and America), not Peyton. Although Peyton did win the Gatorade National POY award (as did Justin Worley years later).

Point is, it really hasn’t changed. Small classification competition in any state is going to be suspect. But Peyton and Eli could play, regardless. We’ll find out about Arch.

I don’t think Brady wants to come back to the college game. The Mannings want to enhance their brand with NIL for Arch in a big market, and Baton Rouge doesn’t offer that. It’s one of the reasons Texas seemed to be leading, but I’m not sure anymore because the bloom is off the Sark rose in Austin after last weekend. Now I’m worried UGA may be the leader.

Shout out to @butchna for the Derric Evans reference. Great call back.

Lots of speculation about Jimbo given his time in Baton Rouge under Saban and his connection to the current LSU AD who hired him at A&M. It's long been thought that the "no-buyout" clause in his contract with A&M was just for the purpose of leaving for LSU. I'm not sold on Fisher as being an elite coach given the way the FSU program declined under his watch and his mixed results at A&M, but then again, LSU has won two national championships in the last 14 years with imbeciles as their head coaches, and he clearly surpasses that low bar. I just can't figure out why he would leave a sucker deal like he got from the Aggies.

I don’t think Brady wants to come back to the college game. The Mannings want to enhance their brand with NIL for Arch in a big market, and Baton Rouge doesn’t offer that. It’s one of the reasons Texas seemed to be leading, but I’m not sure anymore because the bloom is off the Sark rose in Austin after last weekend. Now I’m worried UGA may be the leader.

Shout out to @butchna for the Derric Evans reference. Great call back.
"enhance their brand" for the most marketable/recognizable name in all of Quarterbacking (i think that's a word)? NIL money and brand enhancement are way way way down the list for the school he picks. He can pick his school. Every school in America would take him. He's going somewhere that he can hone and refine his skillset. Which, sadly, is why I don't think that is UT. Yes, CJH is a great developer of QB's. Looking at this year, it is almost obvious that CJH likes a little mobility and running with his QB. I don't think Arch or his family want him to be running zone reads and putting his body in harm's way. That's just my opinion. I would obviously love it if he signed with the good guys, but I have zero expectations and not spending any time getting my hopes up that that will happen. I just hope he stays away from Bama.

"enhance their brand" for the most marketable/recognizable name in all of Quarterbacking (i think that's a word)? NIL money and brand enhancement are way way way down the list for the school he picks. He can pick his school. Every school in America would take him. He's going somewhere that he can hone and refine his skillset. Which, sadly, is why I don't think that is UT. Yes, CJH is a great developer of QB's. Looking at this year, it is almost obvious that CJH likes a little mobility and running with his QB. I don't think Arch or his family want him to be running zone reads and putting his body in harm's way. That's just my opinion. I would obviously love it if he signed with the good guys, but I have zero expectations and not spending any time getting my hopes up that that will happen. I just hope he stays away from Bama.
Hooker ran it 23 times in an sec game Saturday, and still hasn’t played the 3 most physical teams he will play this season. Will need to scale his running down if he wants to finish the season.

Jeff Bezos is making a killing selling books, why would he want to expand that business into selling other goods? Elon Musk is a billionaire from selling electric cars, why would he go and mess around with satellites? In my experience, people have made a lot of money like to make more money. Behind the good ole boys they play on TV, Manning, Inc. is big business, and they want Arch to get his own platform starting in college under the new world we live in.

Obviously, QB development for the pros is first and foremost, I thought that was a given. It's why Texas is in the picture in the first place given Sark's track record with developing QB's in college. If Arch doesn't go to UGA, Kirby Smart's lack of history of QB development will likely be the reason. But among those schools that meet this threshold requirement, opportunity for NIL is going to play a large part in where Arch ends up.

Jeff Bezos is making a killing selling books, why would he want to expand that business into selling other goods? Elon Musk is a billionaire from selling electric cars, why would he go and mess around with satellites? In my experience, people have made a lot of money like to make more money. Behind the good ole boys they play on TV, Manning, Inc. is big business, and they want Arch to get his own platform starting in college under the new world we live in.

Obviously, QB development for the pros is first and foremost, I thought that was a given. It's why Texas is in the picture in the first place given Sark's track record with developing QB's in college. If Arch doesn't go to UGA, Kirby Smart's lack of history of QB development will likely be the reason. But among those schools that meet this threshold requirement, opportunity for NIL is going to play a large part in where Arch ends up.

We agree. I was responding that you said he would choose a large market to enhance his brand. They aren't choosing a school because they want a large market. If they were, he would already be committed to USC. They will take advantage of NIL deals for sure. They would be insane not to, but that is not a deciding factor. They know that the earning potential in the NFL is insanely more than anything they could get by shilling car washes etc in a college town. They will choose the best place that will showcase and develop his talent on the field.

Reactions: GVol1966
LSU hire will have a major impact. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Joe Brady get hired and Arch go to LSU

Brady is overrated. Carolina's O is in the bottom half of the league and was last year as well. LSU was that good because nearly every offensive starter was an NFL player. He hasn't shown anything to suggest he could succeed as a major SEC HC.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Brady is overrated. Carolina's O is in the bottom half of the league and was last year as well. LSU was that good because nearly every offensive starter was an NFL player. He hasn't shown anything to suggest he could succeed as a major SEC HC.
Unproven recruiter also…which is a death knell in Baton Rouge. Most obvious solution is waiting down the road. Napier cleans up there. I hope they mess this up and go elsewhere.

VN Store

Back