‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Kid wants to go to a proven winner & it fits his skill set best (which it does), then why not. Cooper has no allegiance to us.

Kid wants to go to a proven winner & it fits his skill set best (which it does), then why not. Cooper has no allegiance to us.
He has 2 uncle's that went #1 at ole Miss and Tennessee and Gradndad was at ole Miss. He would have to meet those expectations at minimum

Clemson program is in tailspin currently.....and it's ACC ball. AM's uncle's and grandfather played SEC ball.
Scared to death that this comes down to Texas or Georgia.
Georgia has 5* Brock Vandergriff with 5* Gunnar Stockton commited.
You got to believe that Texas is the logical choice right? Or Ole Miss?
The Manning’s understand the combination of football and branding better than any family in the world. Arch being the face of Texas football as they try to find their place in the SEC is a perfect fit.
I think the Mannings love the track record that Sark has developing QB's for the pros. They also love the NIL possibilities that a big market like Austin provides, and the move to the SEC is only going to enhance that exposure. I think they are concerned about the state of the o-line at Texas, and whether Texas will be able to put enough elite weapons around Arch like UGA has (or will drop the bags to get). UGA can sell him on being "the missing piece" for a title at UGA, and if Arch gets them there, then he will have eternal folk hero status like Herschel Walker. Worth noting that neither Archie, Peyton, or Eli won a national championship in college, so long term development for the pros is likely at the top of their list.

I think the Mannings love the track record that Sark has developing QB's for the pros. They also love the NIL possibilities that a big market like Austin provides, and the move to the SEC is only going to enhance that exposure. I think they are concerned about the state of the o-line at Texas, and whether Texas will be able to put enough elite weapons around Arch like UGA has (or will drop the bags to get). UGA can sell him on being "the missing piece" for a title at UGA, and if Arch gets them there, then he will have eternal folk hero status like Herschel Walker. Worth noting that neither Archie, Peyton, or Eli won a national championship in college, so long term development for the pros is likely at the top of their list.

I agree about OL, but I also think all the top OL prospects will probably be lining up to play with Arch

Texas or Ole Miss hopefully. If he goes to Ole Miss I think he’ll do well under Kiffin and they’d be a thorn in Sabans side. Just not to Georgia
If LSU hires the right coach I could see a scenario where they get in it for him.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
He’s going to be a Dawg. Kirby impressed the hell out of the whole family on the official. Had a fraternity throw a party just for Arch. Add in the Manning relationship with Matt Luke and we’re looking good. Texas is #2 right now.

VN Store

Back