‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Cutcliffe love is very understandable, he’s had a hell of a career and has done great work, but I agree that this is quite the reach.

What I find interesting is how much CJH’s mannerisms are like Coach Cutt

Cut is decent. But he gets all this credit for Leyton Manning. But let’s be real. Manning didn’t need Cut. There is a very good chance that he would be just as successful with anyone else.

Fulmer won without Cut.

Cut is decent. But he gets all this credit for Leyton Manning. But let’s be real. Manning didn’t need Cut. There is a very good chance that he would be just as successful with anyone else.

Fulmer won without Cut.
You may want to review your entire post again, as that entire post is garbage.

Fulmer won without Cut.
Ummmm, he made Duke relevant again and there’s a reason the Manning’s camped with him every summer while in the pros!

Peyton was a generational talent. It wasn’t because of Cut. If you think Cut showed either one of them things while they were in the NFL then lol.
Yeah sounds legit, a bunch of pro athletes like to spend there off season working with people that teach them nothing! My bad, makes perfect sense. Players like Peyton, Tiger, MJ, Crosby never had to change there God given talent!

Reactions: Smokeytom

Fulmer won without Cut.
I agree with you more often than not, but I don't with this post. Of course Manning would have been great with or without Cut, but Cut is an excellent QB coach.
And Fulmer was absolutely not the same without Cut.

Lol. Duke? Because of Cut? Please. The Cutcliffe love on this board is insane.

I don't think it is so much "Cut love", but the fact that for a while when both Ely and Peyton were still playing, they would both go to Duke for a week or two in the summer and train with Cut... The Manning's have a lot of respect for Cutcliffe as a teacher and mentor....

And just because his uncle played here, I think it's funny so many think we would somehow be in the mix. Unless we shock a lot of people and have instant success with Heupel's offense this fall, we are way down the list of potential schools.

He wasn't alive when his uncle played here. Cut has been with the Mannings as a family friend for years.. if you think Duke doesn't have a chance you are mistaken.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

Fulmer won without Cut.

A) Fulmer did not win without Cut. The program deteriorated without Cut, as did QB development. When Cut came back, the program healed for 2 years, Ainge went from terrible to very good, then Cut left again, and Tennessee went 5-7, leading to Fulmer’s firing. Fulmer wasn’t nearly as successful without Cut. That’s a fact.
B) The perceived love for Cut on this board has nothing to do with speculation that Arch will go to Duke. What matters is the Mannings’ love for him. And they do love him. He’s the reason Peyton chose UT. He’s the reason Eli went to Ole Miss. Had Cut not left UT, Eli would have gone to UT. Peyton went to Duke in the off-season to work with Cut while he was an NFL player. There is no QB developer the Manning’s trust more.

I don’t think Arch will go to Duke because I doubt Cut coaches much longer. But to dismiss the Cutcliffe factor with a Manning because you think UT fans overrate him is a failure to understand the equation.

VN Store

Back