‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

This couldn't be any more wrong. There's a reason Heupel was given a 6 year contract. Will sanctions looming he is going to get plenty of time.
The circumstances do not matter.
Losing seasons will not be tolerated very long.
There will be calls for a replacement before the NCAA ever considers the case against the Vols

Reactions: NashVol11
The people talking others up to expecting 8 or 9 wins and saying we have an easy schedule aren't helping him.
Most of our fans will be happier initially bc games will be fun..... just like they are enamored with Kiffin..... he won a whopping 1 more regular season game than Pruitt and people don’t realize it as much bc he was losing 63-45 instead of 31-13.

Most of our fans will be happier initially bc games will be fun..... just like they are enamored with Kiffin..... he won a whopping 1 more regular season game than Pruitt and people don’t realize it as much bc he was losing 63-45 instead of 31-13.
Hindsight is 20/20. Kiffin has had some great offenses since. That team was tough to watch at times.

I'm not a fan of Kiffin and am not one of the guys that ever wanted him back, but his team last year was a lot more competitive than Pruitt's. They also beat the #11 ranked team in the country in the bowl game, which would tie for our biggest win since 2006. If we get a season like the one Ole Miss just had, I'll be happy.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I'm not a fan of Kiffin and am not one of the guys that ever wanted him back, but his team last year was a lot more competitive than Pruitt's. They also beat the #11 ranked team in the country in the bowl game, which would tie for our biggest win since 2006. If we get a season like the one Ole Miss just had, I'll be happy.
# 11 sounds great and all but it was Indiana who was playing with a back up qb.....ole miss also lost by 12 to Arkansas.

Any calls will be ignored because no one has a magic wand to make it all go away.
Of coarse you are correct about calls from the cheap seats, calls from 7 figure donors are seldom ignored. Beating four cupcakes and a couple of SEC bottom feeders while getting blown out by teams with a pulse will not sell very many tickets. Big dollar boosters consider themselves owners of the program. 70K people in the stadium looks empty and reflects poorly on the owners. Calls from the few will be answered.

Of coarse you are correct about calls from the cheap seats, calls from 7 figure donors are seldom ignored. Beating four cupcakes and a couple of SEC bottom feeders while getting blown out by teams with a pulse will not sell very many tickets. Big dollar boosters consider themselves owners of the program. 70K people in the stadium looks empty and reflects poorly on the owners. Calls from the few will be answered.
And the answer will be patience is going to have to be used at this time considering the circumstances.

Our fans need to support this coach and program.... I will be there every week.

And the answer will be patience is going to have to be used at this time considering the circumstances.
There is no patience with a losing coach.
Hiring a new coach every few years gives the fans false hope for improvement.
Since CPF the average HC term is three years.
New Coach will not get 6 years.
Time will tell.

Reactions: NashVol11
I don’t know about all that, but I do know there’s no such thing as ONLY ONE QB. You land one or you land another that can run your offense. Of the “must have” QBs from the last 5 years...Tua, Lawrence, Fields...? One championship. Maybe Arch hoists the trophy 1-3 times during his time at his final choice...maybe he matches the college titles won by his forebears in the family.
1-3x? Wow. 3x would be more than all the aforementioned 3 combined. That's a lot of pressure.

Only at UT do discussions begin about firing a head coach before he has even coached his first game.

Only at UT do discussions begin about firing a head coach before he has even coached his first game.
Why not talk about it?
Coaches are hired to be fired.
It is a rare event when any head coach at the college level lasts more than 5 years.
It is especially rare at a losing program with a rabid fan base.

Here is Arch dropping a dime at almost 60 yards at the Clemson Camp this weekend:

What a stud. Clemson is his first visit. Not sure what to read into it other than he would be a fool not to look at Clemson whose most recent QB was a #1 draft pick.

Why not talk about it?
Coaches are hired to be fired.
It is a rare event when any head coach at the college level lasts more than 5 years.
It is especially rare at a losing program with a rabid fan base.
You got your reaction. Enough time to make that date with your hand. 😏

Reactions: m1al
That’s exactly why we should give Heupel the proper amount of time.
Exactly....
The proper amount of time is based on w/l record. Nothing else matters.
The experts here on VN say the number is three years.
I wear orange britches so I believe in a year zero. Call it at 4 years.

VN Store

Back