‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

If you are good, you look forward in exceeding what has already been accomplished. Never fear what someone sloe has done. Know that you can go beyond the past. Confidence with talent equals success.

I agree but not everyone feels that way. It’s a little similar to situation with Saban at Bama. Who wants to follow that? How do you exceed that or even live up to it? I mean Arch may very well be much better than Peyton or Eli at the college level. And if he were to come here I certainly hope he is. But being constantly reminded of what you are being compared to based on just your name is a lot to shoulder for an 18 year old. Especially when the name you would be being compared to at TN is Peyton Manning.

I agree but not everyone feels that way. It’s a little similar to situation with Saban at Bama. Who wants to follow that? How do you exceed that or even live up to it? I mean Arch may very well be much better than Peyton or Eli at the college level. And if he were to come here I certainly hope he is. But being constantly reminded of what you are being compared to based on just your name is a lot to shoulder for an 18 year old. Especially when the name you would be being compared to at TN is Peyton Manning.
Same reason Tua's brother should have never gone to Alabubba.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Who knows what the cfb landscape will look like In 4 years when he gets ready to commit. Saban will most likely be retired. UT is trending upwards. Ole miss could be a colossal dumpster fire or massive success with Kiffin. Cutcliffe will also most likely be retired. So many variables.
You left out LSU in trouble with the NCAA. 😂

Reactions: jerrync
Good grief. That was your take-away from my post? Pre-med was an example. Duke isn't landing elite-level talent. Nevertheless, they have produced one more starting NFL QB than UT has in the previous 12 years.
Dobbs and Beer Bottle Bray

Comparison - non factor.
This is a WAY, WAY TOO Early look, but here goes ...
OM... + Kiffin, rebuild opportunity, family legacy, he ditched Rich Rod! - too early on Kiffin in the big boy league ??? We need to see more on Lebby. [Frontrunner]
LSU... + National champs - Brady gone & Linehan in ??? We need to see POST Burrows offense [Threatening]
TN... + Rebuild nearly complete and status climbing, fond memories for Manning family. - Offense is currently anemic (jury is still deliberating). ???? No QB has shown any maturity yet, that is cause for concern. [Dark Horse]
DUKE... +Family connection to Cut. - It is a great BB school, oh and they do have a football team, Cut is no longer a QB coach. ??? Too many to list [Think snowballs in July!]
Who else???? Maybe ... Baylor, Oklahoma, Auburn, Alabama. Expect two of these to jump into the top 5.

* I hate Saban, Meyer and that cocky Kiffin, but there is respect for their ability. Just so we are clear ....do not like Lane at all, but I would like him to have moderate success at OM. The enemy of my enemies is my friend. :^))))
1592973527424.gif

I think it'll be an LSU vs UT battle down the stretch. Duke is just too small of a football program, he will pick UT if he doesn't mind the expectations of living up to Peyton and wants to be here...he will pick LSU if he leans more towards creating his own legacy at a different school.

I get we have Peyton but most his family went to Ole Miss and he is growing up in Louisiana. I feel like we will be top 3 at least out of respect with those two being main comp. Surely the Mannings don’t trust Kiffin but he can put up numbers offensively. Who knows though Pruitt could have us on the cusp of something special by then and he may want in.

If he is really good there’s no way he goes to Duke. I like Cut but if I was a 4-5 star player I would not go there.
Just MO
Did pretty well for Daniel Jones’ draft stock... if Eli could suffer through Ole Miss I don’t see any reason why arch couldn’t deal with Duke

Would love to see a stud prospect in Leach's system. I would add "with SEC athletes" except it is Miss St.
I don't really understand the love some have for Leach.Hes a screwball with a very mediocre record.

Did pretty well for Daniel Jones’ draft stock... if Eli could suffer through Ole Miss I don’t see any reason why arch couldn’t deal with Duke
He’s not going to Duke. He (Manning family) will list them as a finalist as a courtesy to Cut. I was at a game last year and had a conversation with a guy who was at the base of the goalpost and I was 25 rows up and could’ve easily been on the first row.

I’ll say this, because stupid people are stupid, there’s no guarantee that Cut is there in a few years. People I know (some $ people) in the program, believe it or not are growing restless after how the seasons go year after year of starting strong and then tanking. Cut took over play calling this year, I’m hoping he has success.

I don't really understand the love some have for Leach.Hes a screwball with a very mediocre record.
That "mediocre record" looks a lot more impressive when you take into consideration the absolute wastelands he has coached at.

I don't think he would have done well here, but it is not because he is not a good coach.

VN Store

Back