‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

By no means a Vol lock. Far from that. Consider that Peyton broke the mold coming to UT. Arch could literally go anywhere. And if he does want to follow in footsteps, it’s a 2 school race anyway.

Better than Eli?
In high school.

which shouldn't surprise anyone given the differences in access to training, coaching, camps etc.....available today vs. 20 years ago in Eli's case and 30 years ago in Peyton's case.

i would think most elite level HS QB's are probably further along...in high school....than peyton or eli.

Potentially could have Ty Simpson, Kaden Martin, and Arch on campus at the same time. Also, we can’t forget Antone Davis’s kid in the 2022 class, he is a 4* QB as well, Braden Davis.

Potentially
2020 - Bailey (Sr.)
2021 - Veilleux (Jr.)
2022 - Ty, Kaden, Braden (Soph.)
2023 - Arch (Fr.)

I'd say if Bailey is still here his Senior Year - things probably haven't gone as well as we thought they would. Could always surprise and play all 4 though.

Reactions: Rishvol
The amount of pressure this kid will be under is going to be unreal, but he’s a Manning so he’ll be fine.

The hype is already unreal, kid is about to be a household name before heading off to college. The Manning family is top freaking notch though, kid has been groomed his whole life for this.

I'd say if Bailey is still here his Senior Year - things probably haven't gone as well as we thought they would. Could always surprise and play all 4 though.
If a QB has a 2nd or 3rd round grade and thinks they can come back and get into the 1st round then im guessing that would be ok by most any standard.

Marcus Mariota, Tebow, etc. QB’s that came back for their Senior year. Justin Herbert is another. List is long.

Hope he ends up in Knoxville. But my early prediction is he goes somewhere other than OM or UT. I’m thinking LSU or a non SEC school like OU.

A lot of us give OU crap about always getting the QB but honestly who can blame the kids?

Running an offense that’s focused on you and have a realistic chance at a Heisman before you leave school.

If a QB has a 2nd or 3rd round grade and thinks they can come back and get into the 1st round then im guessing that would be ok by most any standard.
Absolutely - but I’m thinking the majority of people (even non-Vols) right now would say they expect Bailey to be a no-doubt first rounder in 3 years. And even then, NFL teams get so desperate for QBs now that people get squeezed into the 1st that shouldn’t be. That’s what I meant by it’s a different time.

Hope he ends up in Knoxville. But my early prediction is he goes somewhere other than OM or UT. I’m thinking LSU or a non SEC school like OU.
Could see LSU...especially if they adequately replace the mind talent of Brady...which Orgeron has carte blanche to do. His own legacy with pure surrounding talent in spades in an area who celebrates their heroes.

Could see LSU...especially if they adequately replace the mind talent of Brady...which Orgeron has carte blanche to do. His own legacy with pure surrounding talent in spades in an area who celebrates their heroes.
Tennessee celebrates it's heroes also...…………………………...just sayin';)

Reactions: butchna
A lot of us give OU crap about always getting the QB but honestly who can blame the kids?

Running an offense that’s focused on you and have a realistic chance at a Heisman before you leave school.
They get all of the accolades in college, but their not developed for NFL. They dont truly play against a good defense until the playoffs.

My LSU buddies say He is going to Ole Miss... Cooper went to Ole Miss... I want him in Knoxville but no way Ole Man Manning lets him go anywhere but Ole Miss..

VN Store

Back