‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

I wouldn't expect, nor would I necessarily want him here for his own sake. Ole Miss may be the only other school in the nation whose fan base is so attached to the name of a former qb. Ironic that they are both Mannings.

The difference is that nobody expected any Manning following Archie is expected to win a natty because they hadn't competed for one since the 1960s.

The pressure and expectation that our fan base would put on this kid to live up to the Manning name and legacy. would crush anyone who is not as unique as Peyton was.

I wouldn't expect, nor would I necessarily want him here for his own sake. Ole Miss may be the only other school in the nation whose fan base is so attached to the name of a former qb. Ironic that they are both Mannings.

The difference is that nobody expected any Manning following Archie is expected to win a natty because they hadn't competed for one since the 1960s.

The pressure and expectation that our fan base would put on this kid to live up to the Manning name and legacy. would crush anyone who is not as unique as Peyton was.
I'm afraid he'll probably face those expectations wherever he goes.

We all love Peyton, but I would be willing bet that Peyton and Eli both try to guide this young man to the school that is going to give him the best quarterback coaching to develop him as a player. The school itself is secondary in that decision, in my opinion.
Duke? Lol

VN Store

Back