‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Not sure in the Mannings relationship with Kiffin, but I do know this, Archie was on the panel that did the head coach search that hired Kiffin.

What was Archies input? Who knows, but Kiffin is an offensive genius and has kept his head down and stayed out of the light. I don’t like him being at Ole Miss! Was really hoping he would have got the FSU job.
I was hoping he would get the FSU job too. The thing that I want him to succeed in is being a pain in Saban’s ass. My biggest concern will be his recruiting abilities in Memphis. There are going to be some wars there in the future.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Not sure in the Mannings relationship with Kiffin, but I do know this, Archie was on the panel that did the head coach search that hired Kiffin.

What was Archies input? Who knows, but Kiffin is an offensive genius and has kept his head down and stayed out of the light. I don’t like him being at Ole Miss! Was really hoping he would have got the FSU job.
I think genius is over-rating a bit.

I think genius is over-rating a bit.
I don’t think it’s over rating a bit. What he managed to with Crompton when he was here took a genius. He didn’t have a superstar at Bama either and they was almost unbeatable. The one year we got close to beating them, he set us up all day for that counter play at the end to seal the deal. Not sure there is many that has a better offensive mind.

I don’t think it’s over rating a bit. What he managed to with Crompton when he was here took a genius. He didn’t have a superstar at Bama either and they was almost unbeatable. The one year we got close to beating them, he set us up all day for that counter play at the end to seal the deal. Not sure there is many that has a better offensive mind.
It was well known that Crompton had talent. I think Cutcliffe quickly determined that his head problems were insurmountable, and therefore Crompton went permanently into his doghouse. We seem to forget that his QB coach at the time was Chaney,who Crompton himself has given credit for his turnaround, not Kiffin.

Yet he was fired at USC, the premiere college job west of Alabama 🤣 Mike "3-31" Locksley put up points at Bama too. Anyone could.

He's good, but he is no genius.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
The only thing is Cutt is 65 years old with a birthday in September. He will be 68 when Arch enrolls and into his 70's in the duration of Arch's eligibility. Mist coaches start to retire around 70.

It would be hard to imagine that DC wouldn't give the Mannings a promise to stay the term.

Kiffin might not be there in 3 years either. But if he is and Ole Miss is back to being a respectable program with good offenses, you would think they would be the favorite here.
This family will look at coaching, stability and character. We may be the best choice by the time he graduates .

I would love to see him in Knoxville but if I were him there is no way I go to TN or Ole Miss.
Hate to say it, but it's hard to argue against that. If there was ever a family that epitomizes football royalty, the Mannings are it. Arch will have tremendous pressure to perform wherever he goes, but that pressure increases should he pick the Vols or the Ackbars.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Hate to say it, but it's hard to argue against that. If there was ever a family that epitomizes football royalty, the Mannings are it. Arch will have tremendous pressure to perform wherever he goes, but that pressure increases should he pick the Vols or the Ackbars.

I mean imagine having to be compared to Peyton and Eli. He probably needs to go somewhere where he has no pressure and can create his own legacy.

I mean imagine having to be compared to Peyton and Eli. He probably needs to go somewhere where he has no pressure and can create his own legacy.
I mean imagine having to be compared to Archie, oh wait....

Wherever he goes, he’ll be compared to his namesake. Might as well play baseball instead according to your logic.

If you are good, you look forward in exceeding what has already been accomplished. Never fear what someone else has done. Know that you can go beyond the past. Confidence with talent equals success.

Last edited:
If you are good, you look forward in exceeding what has already been accomplished. Never fear what someone sloe has done. Know that you can go beyond the past. Confidence with talent equals success.
I'm sure he wants a national championship. If he gets one at Tennessee then he will have exceeded Peyton's accomplishments.

It wouldn't surprise me to see this kid end up in a program other than UT, OM, or connected to Cutcliffe (Duke). I would think he's already weary of the constant comparisons to his uncles.

It wouldn't surprise me to see this kid end up in a program other than UT, OM, or connected to Cutcliffe (Duke). I would think he's already weary of the constant comparisons to his uncles.
Comparison - non factor.
This is a WAY, WAY TOO Early look, but here goes ...
OM... + Kiffin, rebuild opportunity, family legacy, he ditched Rich Rod! - too early on Kiffin in the big boy league ??? We need to see more on Lebby. [Frontrunner]
LSU... + National champs - Brady gone & Linehan in ??? We need to see POST Burrows offense [Threatening]
TN... + Rebuild nearly complete and status climbing, fond memories for Manning family. - Offense is currently anemic (jury is still deliberating). ???? No QB has shown any maturity yet, that is cause for concern. [Dark Horse]
DUKE... +Family connection to Cut. - It is a great BB school, oh and they do have a football team, Cut is no longer a QB coach. ??? Too many to list [Think snowballs in July!]
Who else???? Maybe ... Baylor, Oklahoma, Auburn, Alabama. Expect two of these to jump into the top 5.

* I hate Saban, Meyer and that cocky Kiffin, but there is respect for their ability. Just so we are clear ....do not like Lane at all, but I would like him to have moderate success at OM. The enemy of my enemies is my friend. :^))))

VN Store

Back