'20 LA DT Jaquelin Roy (LSU Commit)

Kinda, sorta in the same weight class as Crosby so we've already got big guys like this... don't need.

Huh? We don't net a 6'4" 300 lb defensive tackle who is top 100 player....

to save myself from the knee jerk reaction I'll just say 'blue font' here - let's see what fish this bait catches.

Reactions: HalfullVol
giphy.gif

Just reminding everybody this doesn’t get old

Would love for Roy to play here, he is gonna be a impact player at the next level. Rocky Top is ready to welcome you! GBO!

Since backing off his commitment to LSU, Jaquelin Roy has emerged as arguably the most sought-after defensive lineman in the country. The Rivals250 tackle recently dropped a top 10, but he is already in the process of trimming that list down. That includes the schools pushing the hardest for his commitment and who's in the mix for official visits as early as this summer.
"I've been to Tennessee. It was a nice visit. I spent some time with the players, seen how everything was and I liked how it was. There's not a lot of guys on the team from Louisiana. I think I could start immediately and be one of the best players they've ever had." Roy released a top 10 that features several programs including Georgia, Ole Miss, Alabama, Texas A&M, Florida, Texas, LSU, Tennessee, Mississippi State and Oklahoma.
The caveat here is that he has yet to visit Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi State, Alabama or Georgia -- yet -- and deems the SEC as the best fit for his talents. The Rivals250 talent is currently weighing the idea of taking half of his official visits in the summertime, then finish out the five in the fall for games. Roy named Miami, Oklahoma and Texas as schools in the mix for summer officials and then Georgia, Alabama and LSU as possibilities in the fall. Roy may be showing his hand a bit when he breaks down the official visit timeline. He's eyeing a fit in the SEC and has strong relationships with LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Georgia and Alabama. The four-star tackle believes he could commit as early as August before his senior season at University Lab (La.). He's ready to "get this process over with," but wants to be able to make a few visits after his commits for the second time.
"I really want to play in the SEC. I think the SEC is where I belong. That's where I'm gonna get better and where I'm gonna get developed the play in the NFL. That's the move."
-Rivals

VN Store

Back