'18 LA CB Brandon Davis (Tennessee signee)

Big Gucci Sosa

Sniper Gang.
8107d5a6db61a38a53a1047216186539.png

Rivals

Vols offered - same school as Beal

Reactions: 1 person
These offers we are handing out are not making me feel better about the bigger guys we want.
Don’t worry about that for this class. We’ve got a real coaching staff now. They’ll coach these kids up and get more elite guys in 2019 and on (so long as they win obviously)

Sure seems like it.

He just went in home with Griffin and was told there was still plenty of interest. Stuart hasn’t even visited yet.

Pruitt is just covering bases, because even he doesn’t know for sure if he’s landing those two.

Don’t worry about that for this class. We’ve got a real coaching staff now. They’ll coach these kids up and get more elite guys in 2019 and on (so long as they win obviously)

Should probably hold judgement on that. We all said the same thing when Butch kept getting a bunch of 3* commits. We kept saying we trust Butch's evaluations. We don't know what Pruitt and staff will do with these guys.:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Should probably hold judgement on that. We all said the same thing when Butch kept getting a bunch of 3* commits. We kept saying we trust Butch's evaluations. We don't know what Pruitt and staff will do with these guys.:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
That’s fair, however, after watching how butch hired a staff and comparing that to how Pruitt went about it I’m feeling pretty confident. Pruitt hired coaches that other canvases actually know about and respect (for the most part).

I’m also confident because Pruitt came in and got rid of butch’s Terrible recruits. He knows the caliber player that it takes to win big boy football. You’re right that he’s got to prove it on the field but I have full confidence in him and this staff on the recruiting trail

We have not missed out on Griffin or Smith--- we are still in January people... just having backup plans. And Taylor-Stuart doesn't visit until Feb 2nd...

Reactions: 2 people
The guys getting offered have "Upside". Don't read anything into these offers. If the Vols took everybody they offered, we'd have 10 teams.

I am sure they understand that nothing is for sure and not putting all their eggs in a 17 or 18 yr. old basket. Cause then we all would be fussing cause they didn't offer other CB's in case we don't get them. They are just being smart and not end up hopefully with no CB's.

Really doesn't matter who we get they just have to be coached. Every player they offer is talented. I'm not worried about signing day I'm concerned about Sept.

Reactions: 6 people
These offers we are handing out are not making me feel better about the bigger guys we want.

Even Saban offered Eddie Smith as a back-up plan because he himself knows anything can happen in recruiting and that man gets pretty much anyone he wants. Although, I don't think Smith will end up being a backup plan when it's all said and done! I think Smith is going to be a baller!!! If we could manage to get Smith and Griffin, I would be ecstatic and extremely happy with our overall class (DB's are a MUST). Let's just hope this 17 year old makes his own decision instead of letting friends and family sway him, because it's very apparent to me that he wants to be a vol.

Last edited:
I don't think Pruitt offers anybody unless he realistically thinks the guy can contribute on the field, in Pruitt's system, which is top of the line. He came in late for our 18 class, but he is doing a very good job under the circumstances.

Reactions: 1 person
“it was real nice. The people there were amazing, and they treated me like family,” said davis, who’s ranked by 247sports as the no. 1,407 overall prospect and no. 133 cornerback in the 2018 class. “i liked the whole facility they had. And the new coaching staff, i love it. “i’m going to do a little talking with my parents, but we’re pretty much leaning toward tennessee right now.”

“they had shown me interest awhile ago, but we never kept in touch,” said davis, who’s a teammate of three-star tight end glenn beal, a fellow tennessee target. “and, all of a sudden, coach pruitt sat down and watched my film. He really loved it, and it just went on from there. “they compared me to the honey badger,” davis added, referring to former lsu cornerback tyrann mathieu of the nfl’s arizona cardinals. "i play with a chip on my shoulder since i’ve been underrated by whole career. (he) also said i play with passion and (i am) not afraid to hit anyone.”

pruitt and the rest of tennessee’s new staff made a strong impression on davis, his parents and his younger brother during the visit. “i loved him,” davis said of pruitt. “he’s a nice guy, and he treated my family like family.” davis said he also was blown away by the vols’ facilities. “the stadium, that was amazing when i walked in,” he said. “the nutrition (program) and stuff they had there and all the stuff, the resources, it was amazing.”

davis, a two-sport standout who’s also planning to play baseball in college, said he has a theory on why he didn’t get much attention from major-conference programs before the vols’ offer this week. “the reason why is because i didn’t go to any camps and because of baseball,” he said. “i play (two) sports, so it was kind of hard for me. But the film’s not going to lie.” he said tennessee’s coaches already have talked with him “about doing both” football and baseball for the vols, and playing both sports is “a definite” part of his plan wherever he goes.

Davis said he’s “close” with beal, who’s considering texas a&m, tennessee, ole miss alabama, florida and lsu. The vols hosted beal on an official visit last month. “i told him, if i come here, me and him are going to be roommates,” davis said of beal. “he said, ‘ok, if i go there, that’s fine with me.’”

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back