'20 LA ATH Marquis Shane Garrett (Former Commit)

Because when you get a good player to be a PWO then you still have a scholarship spot.

I get that, but if he's worthy of a scholly then bring him onboard. I often think too many of us in the RF, myself included, see a prospect like this and automatically think PWO. That very well may be his path and he may one day earn that scholly, but maybe he's worth one of the few remaining spots?

I get that, but if he's worthy of a scholly then bring him onboard. I often think too many of us in the RF, myself included, see a prospect like this and automatically think PWO. That very well may be his path and he may one day earn that scholly, but maybe he's worth one of the few remaining spots?
I think our PWO talent seems like it has been getting better every class. I know that DE from CA was getting serious attention. Knowing that PWO are legit and increasing competition in practice makes me feel better than taking a chance on a under recruited kid with one of the 25 spots.

I think our PWO talent seems like it has been getting better every class. I know that DE from CA was getting serious attention. Knowing that PWO are legit and increasing competition in practice makes me feel better than taking a chance on a under recruited kid with one of the 25 spots.

That's a fair point. I'm thinking while there may be few hidden gems this late in the cycle there's likely a few still out there. I'm not one to give the staff a carte blanche pass on every recruit, but perhaps they ran across one here.

One thing that does stick out is you'll see us offer a recruit then a day later 2-3 other schools offer. It gives me confidence the staff has a good eye.

Reactions: VolInDayton
I am from Crowley and I played football with his dad in HS. Shane was an exceptional athlete and would be a 4 star athlete with today’s rankings. He played football at Texas A&M during the LSU Mike Archer/Curley Hallman years. I have watched Marquise play the past 6 years and he has always been the best athlete on his teams. He is definitely a diamond in the rough and a great, well mannered kid. If he would have played WR instead of QB, he probably would have had more D1 offers. Y’all have a good one that will represent your university well. I believe he can contribute and play, once acclimated to the program.
This you?

Marquis Garrett QB/WR/Athlete (Crowley High School Class 2020)

He is listed at 6' 3 " 190 lbs runs 4.48 40 and plays qb . This is hard to understand how we can get a guy with those nos. to walk on. But I'll allow it!

Reactions: Type Orange+
I am from Crowley and I played football with his dad in HS. Shane was an exceptional athlete and would probably be a high 4 star athlete with today’s rankings. He played football at Texas A&M during the LSU Mike Archer/Curley Hallman years. I have watched Marquise play the past 6 years and he has always been the best athlete on his teams. He is definitely a diamond in the rough and a great, well mannered kid. If he would have played WR instead of QB, he probably would have had more D1 offers. Y’all have a good one that will represent your university well. I believe he can contribute and play, once acclimated to the program.
Thank you for posting. I wish nothing but the best for Marquise

Haven't found any info on this kid on 247 or Rivals. Maybe one of the subscription guys can ask about him.

I am from Crowley and I played football with his dad in HS. Shane was an exceptional athlete and would probably be a high 4 star athlete with today’s rankings. He played football at Texas A&M during the LSU Mike Archer/Curley Hallman years. I have watched Marquise play the past 6 years and he has always been the best athlete on his teams. He is definitely a diamond in the rough and a great, well mannered kid. If he would have played WR instead of QB, he probably would have had more D1 offers. Y’all have a good one that will represent your university well. I believe he can contribute and play, once acclimated to the program.

just a thanks for the insight...big thumbs up...if the staff feels he deserves a shot, I'm all in...

GO BIG ORANGE!

it's *you're*...maybe you should go to Hutchinson Community College.
Here's your badge bud, welcome to the force
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back