'20 LA ATH Joel Williams (Kentucky commit)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_8196533.jpg

ATH
6-2
CLASS OF 20
BATON ROUGE, LA
(MADISON PREP ACADEMY)

Joel Williams, Madison Prep Academy, Athlete

Rivals.com

Joel Williams - Hudl

Last edited:
Reactions: FïreBall
“i liked it. I loved it up there. I liked it better than any other college,” said williams, who’s expected to be one of the top prospects from louisiana in the 2020 class. “i’ve been to some other colleges, too. I went to lsu. I went to tulane. I went to a few more. But tennessee’s the best one i saw yet.”

“i like it there. I’ve been loving tennessee since i was little, and i never knew they were going to offer me this early. I used to watch them all the time. I used to watch them a lot. I loved them because they were in the sec, and i was a real sec guy.”

“a lot of people told me to commit to tennessee. I’m going to keep it 100. My coach … told me i should commit. But david johnson, the coach who offered me, told me to just wait it out. He told me to just wait, and he said he wants me to enjoy the recruiting process.”

williams said he liked “a lot” about tennessee, too. “i’ve never seen a facility look like that,” he said. "i’ve never seen a coaching staff so helpful.” he said he “didn’t talk about” when he might make the trip to tennessee again, but he would “like to, for sure.”

Last edited:
Reactions: FïreBall
FIRST TAKE: SAM SPIEGELMAN, TEXAS & LOUISIANA RECRUITING ANALYST
“I legitimately think Tennessee is a player, but Joel is doing a good job of keeping a lot of schools in the fold. In addition to Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and LSU are all in the picture among others. Even though he’s a Baton Rouge kid, he’s eyeing plenty of out-of-state schools and he’s taking the time to visit all of them and keep in touch with all of them. While LSU is a legitimate player, they’re on an even playing field with those other schools including Tennessee and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him playing football outside of Louisiana next year.”

SECOND TAKE: MIKE FARRELL, NATIONAL RECRUITING DIRECTOR
“Tennessee could get him. Not every kid is going to stay home. It’s tough to beat LSU for those home-state kids if they want them, so it depends on how much love LSU and some other programs show him. Right now, Tennessee is recruiting him the hardest and sometimes that trumps anything geographically. I wouldn’t count LSU out just because he wore a Tennessee hoodie to a camp, but I also wouldn’t say Tennessee could be counted out, especially if they keep recruiting him this hard.”
Rivals

VN Store

Back