'20 LA ATH Joel Williams (Kentucky commit)

Florida is ranked 6th overall at 247 and Rivals. I’m thrilled with their ratings. The reason I posted ESPN is because I saw it on Twitter, it was relevant to our discussion, and it was super-easy to cut and paste. Sorry to disappoint, I know you were hoping for a more nefarious reason.

Not good enough. Not even close. Reejected!

Four-star athlete Joel Williams of Baton Rouge, La., a former Florida commitment, has remained a high priority for Tennessee even since his commitment to the Gators in May, and that hasn’t changed coming off his decommitment last month. Sources said Alabama has emerged as the favorite to land him now that he’s back on the market — he visited the Crimson Tide last month — but Tennessee appears to be the Crimson Tide’s primary competition for him at the moment, and it’s worth noting that Alabama still is in good shape with other defensive-back targets. The Vols have stayed in frequent contact with Williams, and while he already has visited them at least three times, he hasn’t ruled out returning to Tennessee as early as this weekend. He’s currently planning to announce a final decision on Sept. 9, although that date still could be subject to change.

-Callahan

While I appreciate all the content you posted this morning, this is really the only one with something we didn't already know. Those guys are turning into a bunch of Jon Snows.
True but If I didn't post that stuff people would be asking me to at some point today. And at the very least it might encourage some football discussion in the threads.

True but If I didn't post that stuff people would be asking me to at some point today. And at the very least it might encourage some football discussion in the threads.

giphy.gif

Louisiana cornerback Joel Williams is a wild card visitor this weekend. The Baton Rouge native told Volquest in June that he was scheduled to take an official visit to Tennessee this weekend. That’s no longer the case, but the 4-star corner could still attend the weekend pool party unofficially. This is another Alabama-Tennessee battle, with the in-state LSU Tigers lingering. Also watch Houston as a darkhorse candidate.
vq

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
David Johnson was in New Orleans to see 4-star cornerback Joel Williams (who has Kentucky now in the mix along with Houston, Alabama and UT) as well as a number of 2021s in the area. Tennessee extended an offer to 2021 athlete Tyrese Johnson from Booker T. Washington.
-VQ

Reactions: jakez4ut
As is the case every fall, Tennessee’s evaluations have changed on one notable prospect. The Vols slowed down their pursuit of 4-star cornerback Joel Williams this summer, but the former UF commit has become a priority once again for Pruitt and Derrick Ansley. Williams just took an OV to Kentucky, and Houston has long been a big factor with the Louisiana native, but the Vols are pushing to get Williams to take an OV to Knoxville, possibly as soon as next weekend. Williams has long liked Tennessee and we expect he will give the Vols a hard look before he arrives at a decision.

-VQ

VN Store

Back