Kyra Elzy named Interim HC at Kentucky

VA_VOLFAN

Kyra Elzy was named interim head coach at Kentucky after Matthew Mitchell retired.

wow unexpected 😞

Read about the injury and required surgery... They just got all those transfers too and looked to be one of his best teams yet

HOWEVER, his health is the primary concern and wishing him the best !

VA_VOLFAN

lvocd

I didn’t see this coming. I hate to hear such a young man is retiring from the career I know he loves, but he’s obviously got a strong support system and that’s gotta give him much comfort.

I’m thrilled for Kyra to get this opportunity, and I can’t wait to see how she uses the outstanding roster she’s been handed. It’s rare that a new head coach gets to take over a program that’s doing extremely well like UK has under Mitchell, so she knows she isn’t going to get the normal level of patience that coaches normally receive in their first year as head coach. The pressure will be on to improve on last year’s performance, not stay the same or — God forbid — go backward.

Good luck, Kyra! But more importantly, all the best vibes to Matthew Mitchell and his family.

lfvol

Holly was a good recruiter too then her role changed and she couldn’t make the transition. The head coach has to give some tough love once in a while. Hope Elzy can make the adjustment... I think 🤔

Obviously it’s interim. You can’t hire a high level coach this time of year. Maybe she can do it.

Hoosier

Holly was a good recruiter too then her role changed and she couldn’t make the transition. The head coach has to give some tough love once in a while. Hope Elzy can make the adjustment... I think 🤔
when Kyra left Holly's staff, it was reportedly over coaching philosophy differences --- I have always wondered what might have happened if Holly had listened to Kyra more and kept her at UT

P.S. Kyra was always one of my favorite players --- she and Tamika were similar in the way they approached the game

LadyVols_WBK

when Kyra left Holly's staff, it was reportedly over coaching philosophy differences --- I have always wondered what might have happened if Holly had listened to Kyra more and kept her at UT

P.S. Kyra was always one of my favorite players --- she and Tamika were similar in the way they approached the game
Krya didnt leave Holly fired her.

Smallvol#1

MarchMatters

Yes. Kyra was more of a Pat in many ways; low tolerance for some areas. She was a great player and I hope makes a great coach. I hated to see her go. It will be interesting. 🧡🧡🧡, Kyra.

VN Store

Sponsors