‘23 KY CB Cristian Conyer (Tennessee commit)

Basilio reporting that Danny White has told the coaches they cannot speak with or interact at all with Spyre. Not great timing I would say...
That's not a change. They had to evaluate if anything changed after TN changed their law. The NCAA rules still appear to prohibit it.

Im not a fan of Plowman at all but this isn’t her doing. It’s all AD.
I don’t really believe that is true….. what I have heard from hubbs and price….. that we don’t offer contracts to high school( true bc we can’t) getting nil deals for players on team( we already knew that). We had a good offer for Tate…. Ohio state got close to our number and Tate chose the school he preferred…. Kentucky gave a big offer to Conyer and AP basically said we will wait to see if we come close bc Conyer prefers Tennessee. That makes me believe that we are still showing recruits what we are offering as far as NIL goes….. as for Heupel advertising for Spyre…. He can’t do that bc they are suppose to be separate from the school… I am pretty positive that he has conversations with them though.

DW is the same AD that fought the NCAA for UCF to be recognized as national champions and won… I don’t think he is going to shy away from what will help us be competitive…. The man wants to win.

That's not a change. They had to evaluate if anything changed after TN changed their law. The NCAA rules still appear to prohibit it.

Which is interesting based on what Ryan Day, Dabo and others have started doing with their collectives. I guess some schools are just by the NCAA book and others dont care about what the NCAA says.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownVol
I don’t really believe that is true….. what I have heard from hubbs and price….. that we don’t offer contracts to high school( true bc we can’t) getting nil deals for players on team( we already knew that). We had a good offer for Tate…. Ohio state got close to our number and Tate chose the school he preferred…. Kentucky gave a big offer to Conyer and AP basically said we will wait to see if we come close bc Conyer prefers Tennessee. That makes me believe that we are still showing recruits what we are offering as far as NIL goes….. as for Heupel advertising for Spyre…. He can’t do that bc they are suppose to be separate from the school… I am pretty positive that he has conversations with them though.

DW is the same AD that fought the NCAA for UCF to be recognized as national champions and won… I don’t think he is going to shy away from what will help us be competitive…. The man wants to win.
Kentucky needs Conyer because of the sudden rise of Louisville in recruiting. Fans are getting antsy. Pressure is on Stoops and staff.

I don’t really believe that is true….. what I have heard from hubbs and price….. that we don’t offer contracts to high school( true bc we can’t) getting nil deals for players on team( we already knew that). We had a good offer for Tate…. Ohio state got close to our number and Tate chose the school he preferred…. Kentucky gave a big offer to Conyer and AP basically said we will wait to see if we come close bc Conyer prefers Tennessee. That makes me believe that we are still showing recruits what we are offering as far as NIL goes….. as for Heupel advertising for Spyre…. He can’t do that bc they are suppose to be separate from the school… I am pretty positive that he has conversations with them though..

Most of this is correct. Clearly schools are handling their relationships between the head coaches and their collectives differently. Maybe it gets down to the actual wording in the individual state laws.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Most of this is correct. Clearly schools are handling their relationships between the head coaches and their collectives differently. Maybe it gets down to the actual wording in the individual state laws.
I have google searched and found some coaches that said they need nil to stay competitive but hadn’t seen any that mentioned a specific nil…. I am sure someone has but didn’t see it in a quick google search.

Which is interesting based on what Ryan Day, Dabo and others have started doing with their collectives. I guess some schools are just by the NCAA book and others do t care about what the NCAA says.
Some will get away with more... just like in the past. UT jumped ahead but due to Pruitt the Vols can't take as many chances on the margins of the rules.

Reactions: 67Vol
Unfortunately Basilio is dead on with this one. Hopefully it’s only temporary.
I am sure that the people telling you this have no agendas of their own. I will be honest. That makes zero sense to me. Not that our AD in the past has not done plenty of things that make zero sense. But, that is not the vibe I get from DW at all.

If you truly believe what you said when we are 8-2 the last ten years against them then I have no words for you. They also play a much easier schedule than we do with easy OOC games to inflate their wins. We always schedule much harder games. But keep on trolling.
I guess I must have been trolling since 2008 then. We were very lucky to beat UK last year with our defense.

there's zero chance, whether the coaches are/were specifically the ones communicating with Spyre, that there's not a liaison between Spyre and UT. personally i'm not worried about this. if Danny White had any inkling there would be/could be blowback in the future b/c of what's going on with NIL right now, he'd be stupid not to put in policy about it now.

and what he doesn't know, won't hurt him. plausible deniability is a beautiful thing, or so ive heard. even if communications have absolutely halted, there's nothing preventing spyre from communicating with the 'known' big time prospects we really want, and have a shot with, on potential deals. the rest, well, spyre will be there after they sign too.

anyway...i get it, momentum has certainly shifted in some regards the past 10 days, so hand wringing everywhere. but that's recruiting. we get some combination of Francis, Cristian, slaughter, omarov, telander, allen etc. in the next 30-40 days...and things will be looking right as rain again.

It’s Basilio….. he is wrong all the time.
He did report things about Butch and what happened in his program and the Schiano debacle and the AD that was ignoring the chancellor at the time. And Jimmy Haslam having a part of bad hires this past decade.

He did report things about Butch and what happened in his program and the Schiano debacle and the AD that was ignoring the chancellor at the time. And Jimmy Haslam having a part of bad hires this past decade.
Not sure about all of it but the majority of the time the rumors are already out there…. He takes them and runs with them which is why he is wrong a majority of the time…. His show is all over the place with this stuff.

VN Store

Back