‘23 KY CB Cristian Conyer (Tennessee commit)

Sounds like spyre is going to have to overpay to land this one since UK is so desperate and made a big NIL play. Curious if they will.
i'm sure it would be viewed as overpaying. but i just go back to what does the staff value him at? if he's one of the "have to haves" in this class, then his value is what it is. outside looking it, it will be perceived as overpaying. can't worry about that though.

i'm sure it would be viewed as overpaying. but i just go back to what does the staff value him at? if he's one of the "have to haves" in this class, then his value is what it is. outside looking it, it will be perceived as overpaying. can't worry about that though.
That’s where I think it helps level things up…. Not so much this guy but the big schools still get the majority of the big names but the second tier nplayers they take will be overpaid by other schools to get those guys.

IMO this is a very similar situation to Tate. Conyer would prefer to be a Vol, but UK has made a large offer that has caused him to reconsider. I don't *think* Tennessee will have to match dollar for dollar but probably will need to get close.

Based on what RC and AP have both independently said, that door is very open. I expect us to close this out...

So other schools are still making NIL offers in recruiting but we aren’t. If it’s a rule then Kentucky and many others in violation. If it isn’t no way in Haiti we are going to not be doing it too. I don’t buy this bull crap at all. I have seen no NCAA rule come out and other schools are clearly making deals to recruits. GBO!

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Yep. AP pointed to how well Louisville is doing recruiting, and how much pressure Kensucky is to land the #1 player in the state. They came in strong with NIL.

Feels like his interest in Kensucky is purely nil based.
Every kid is going to turn into a bidding war eventually.

Quit spreading lies without any proof, if this was true it would be beyond stupid. Everybody else is going full bore but White is holding us up. That is just a insane theory, don’t buy it at all. GBO

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Sounds like spyre is going to have to overpay to land this one since UK is so desperate and made a big NIL play. Curious if they will.

This is exactly what happened. UK is overpaying big time because they are struggling so much with this class. This comes down to whether we want to overpay or not.

VN Store

Back