‘23 KY CB Cristian Conyer (Tennessee commit)

Not sure why. We already have 2 safeties on board with Slaughter next up
Recruiting him as a CB.

I have to admit, I don't see a a guy that can play CB out on an island from his film.
I believe he's camped at UT, and the coaches love him at CB.

Back in 2012 I was wrong about another Kentucky boy that played safety and then CB. Jalen Ramsey (moved to Brentwood after sophomore season).
Ramsey highlights were night day and day
From junior to senior year. Hopefully Conyers does the same.

So I'll be very interested in what he puts on display for his senior season. He plays for one of the better teams in Kentucky

Recruiting him as a CB.

I have to admit, I don't see a a guy that can play CB out on an island from his film.

Back in 2012 I was wrong about another Kentucky boy that played safety and then CB. Jalen Ramsey (moved to Brentwood after sophomore season).

So I'll be very interested in what he puts on display for his senior season. He plays for one of the better teams in Kentucky
Most teams now will have a press man coverage corner that's on an island, and a boundary corner that usually has safety help. I agree that his current film doesn't show the ability to be left on an island, but he may have shown the ability to do so in camp settings. The good thing in this defense is that a bigger corner can easily transition to safety or star if necessary.

Most teams now will have a press man coverage corner that's on an island, and a boundary corner that usually has safety help. I agree that his current film doesn't show the ability to be left on an island, but he may have shown the ability to do so in camp settings. The good thing in this defense is that a bigger corner can easily transition to safety or star if necessary.
They watched him a lot in 7V7 too….. didn’t he play with Herring?

Reactions: Orange.
200w.gif

Basilio reporting...lol, he thinks reporting is what you call repeating hearsay, rumors and lockeroom talk that has not been verified.

Recruiting him as a CB.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that feels the exact same way. He gets beat A LOT and gets bailed out by a lot of poorly thrown balls . Also his junior highlights are only about 3 minutes long and only half of them being on defense and half of those being tackles on slants he gave up. All of those things combined with the fact that he’s playing in Kentucky is concerning to me. Maybe he doesn’t get targeted much and whoever made his highlights didn’t think to put that on film? Also Jalen Ramsey had offers from every school in the country and had the best SPARQ numbers in the country IIRC. I don’t think this kid is a bum, but I just don’t see him playing corner in the SEC

Last edited:
I just feel like we have enough guys to play the star position and our best actual corner was playing in junior college last year (Desmond Williams) and that if this guy is the top corner in this class our secondary is going to be hurting in 2023 and 2024 unless we kill it in the portal

I just feel like we have enough guys to play the star position and our best actual corner was playing in junior college last year (Desmond Williams) and that if this guy is the top corner in this class our secondary is going to be hurting in 2023 and 2024 unless we kill it in the portal
Williams isn't our best corner. We had our top 4 corners out this spring and Williams struggled. Of course getting acclimated from JUCO to the SEC will take some time and he should be much improved this fall, I still wouldn't assume he cracks the starting line up.

Williams isn't our best corner. We had our top 4 corners out this spring and Williams struggled. Of course getting acclimated from JUCO to the SEC will take some time and he should be much improved this fall, I still wouldn't assume he cracks the starting line up.
If our pass rush doesn't get home n those big boys don't penetrate were in for a long year.I think were wayyy under estimating the loss of Taylor and Theo.Thoze guys balled out n we just assume that leadership n skill will be replaced by a bunch of guys never played much togther.Why missing spring suxks for them theu need all the cohesion they can get.

If our pass rush doesn't get home n those big boys don't penetrate were in for a long year.I think were wayyy under estimating the loss of Taylor and Theo.Thoze guys balled out n we just assume that leadership n skill will be replaced by a bunch of guys never played much togther.Why missing spring suxks for them theu need all the cohesion they can get.
They will definitely be missed, but I expect our front seven to be significantly better. I expect the defense as a whole to be better in year 2. You're talking about a d line in year 2 under Rodney G. Linebacker play should be much improved as well.

Tbh before last year nobody thought
Theo and Taylor were that good…

Recruiting him as a CB.

Jalen Ramsey was born in Smyrna, TN, grew up there, and attended BGA in middle school, where his older brother Jamal was the star QB. Then he transferred to Brentwood Academy. He was never a “Kentucky boy.”

18 year old Grandkid on Phone last night. " I'm going fishing with you tommorow pops"
On phone this mourning " I'm going to hang out with friends"

I'll think I'll wait and see where this kid winds up!

Jalen Ramsey was born in Smyrna, TN, grew up there, and attended BGA in middle school, where his older brother Jamal was the star QB. Then he transferred to Brentwood Academy. He was never a “Kentucky boy.”
That is interesting...
I just read the wiki on him.

My information came from a conversation on here with Mr NPA himself.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
18 year old Grandkid on Phone last night. " I'm going fishing with you tommorow pops"
On phone this mourning " I'm going to hang out with friends"

I'll think I'll wait and see where this kid winds up!
😔

VN Store

Back