'22 KY LB Kalib Perry (Tennessee signee)

Maaan we need the boosters to step in. If you’re excited about this **** you’re apart of the problem. We can pay now let’s get those McDonald’s bags flowing
giphy.gif

I kind of thought from the start of this new regime that this type of recruiting is what I should expect…I’ve seen nothing so far to make me believe otherwise…this is not a dig at the staff or any of these players…but I do believe it’s a sign of where we are as a program and a sign of the effect of multiple issues going on for us specifically (possible sanctions on the horizon) as well as things that are effecting everyone (NIL, new conference alignment, etc.)…

What I expect for the next few years are classes in the 10-20 range in the rankings…I believe these classes will be mostly high 3 stars to low 4’s with the occasional high 4 and several low to mid 3’s as well…a lot of these kids (even the 4 stars) will be thought of as projects…I believe this staff will have to show they can turn these type of players into successful SEC players who win alot and then move on to the NFL before we get back into the top 10 and maybe eventually top 5 in recruiting

IMO JMO GBO VFL

I kind of thought from the start of this new regime that this type of recruiting is what I should expect…I’ve seen nothing so far to make me believe otherwise…this is not a dig at the staff or any of these players…but I do believe it’s a sign of where we are as a program and a sign of the effect of multiple issues going on for us specifically (possible sanctions on the horizon) as well as things that are effecting everyone (NIL, new conference alignment, etc.)…

What I expect for the next few years are classes in the 10-20 range in the rankings…I believe these classes will be mostly high 3 stars to low 4’s with the occasional high 4 and several low to mid 3’s as well…a lot of these kids (even the 4 stars) will be thought of as projects…I believe this staff will have to show they can turn these type of players into successful SEC players who win alot and then move on to the NFL before we get back into the top 10 and maybe eventually top 5 in recruiting

IMO JMO GBO VFL
Kinda what Rick Barnes did, amirite? Build the foundation, show success and development, then watch the big fish come jump in the boat like Asian carp.

Btw, you hear that they just changed the name of the Asian carp lol

IMO JMO GBO VFL

Its not a dig but its a dig lol. Youve never seen the kid play though. We've had good classes the last few years and zero coaching so it didnt matter. So let this staff actually coach, develop and get their own schemes going here. Thats all that matters. Atleast this staff will actually utilize these players skillsets across the board. Only time will tell.

Its not a dig but its a dig lol. Youve never seen the kid play though. We've had good classes the last few years and zero coaching so it didnt matter. So let this staff actually coach, develop and get their own schemes going here. Thats all that matters. Atleast this staff will actually utilize these players skillsets across the board. Only time will tell.
I see positives in all these 3 stars but the reality is you can’t hit on enough to overcome the teams getting mostly 4 stars and a few 3s and 5s. The composites on overall classes has proven over time. However, if the development is there it will show and recruiting will pick up. If this investigation is finally over this Fall and we show progress on the field I could see it happen this year. Would be interesting to see how this staff handles processing. But I like just about every recruit so far.

I’m not good at scouting though so will be nice to see bumps during senior seasons after not getting to camp last year. Just some validation for additional confidence. Ultimately just win!!!

I see positives in all these 3 stars but the reality is you can’t hit on enough to overcome the teams getting mostly 4 stars and a few 3s and 5s. The composites on overall classes has proven over time. However, if the development is there it will show and recruiting will pick up. If this investigation is finally over this Fall and we show progress on the field I could see it happen this year. Would be interesting to see how this staff handles processing. But I like just about every recruit so far.

I’m not good at scouting though so will be nice to see bumps during senior seasons after not getting to camp last year. Just some validation for additional confidence. Ultimately just win!!!
Yeah but the focus right now is getting our heads above water and getting back above the bottom half of our division and not getting beat by mediocre to bad OOC competition, and our roster is good enough to do that even with a bad recruiting year. If Tennessee looks competent and not more of the same raging dumpster fire, then recruits will bang down the door. So again, worry about recruiting in December when you can see whether or not we have a staff good enough to compete. Because I guarantee you that's what recruits are waiting on.

Yeah but the focus right now is getting our heads above water and getting back above the bottom half of our division and not getting beat by mediocre to bad OOC competition, and our roster is good enough to do that even with a bad recruiting year. If Tennessee looks competent and not more of the same raging dumpster fire, then recruits will bang down the door. So again, worry about recruiting in December when you can see whether or not we have a staff good enough to compete. Because I guarantee you that's what recruits are waiting on.

To add onto this, if Kentucky and Tennessee both go 6-6, Tennessee could get Stewart and the Wade twins from them, and it looks like the Caldwell kid that decommitted is in play. Just having those 4 would have us around 20 right now, and that's before the season and before guys move up or down in star ranking. Not saying any of this would happen but recruiting is so fluid that forming opinions 4 months before the first date of importance is a little foolish, IMO.

I agree completely

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
Nice pickup!! Seems underrated (lack of camps/visibility?)

Side note, can we pull back on using the phrase "well spoken"?? It just shows how well one expects another to speak (or lack thereof). It's not exactly a compliment to many...just fwiw.
Go pull for Berkeley if you want to be around people with your point of view. Odd to criticize people for complimenting a person who thinks before he speaks.

To add onto this, if Kentucky and Tennessee both go 6-6, Tennessee could get Stewart and the Wade twins from them, and it looks like the Caldwell kid that decommitted is in play. Just having those 4 would have us around 20 right now, and that's before the season and before guys move up or down in star ranking. Not saying any of this would happen but recruiting is so fluid that forming opinions 4 months before the first date of importance is a little foolish, IMO.

The fact that we're talking about stealing recruits from UK shows how terribly, terribly far we've fallen.

Reactions: VolNash17
The thing I would say about recruiting this year is that each of the people did a private workout for the position coach. We evaluated on that, not on the services star rankings. So when you look at some of the people we are recruiting, we are doing it based upon their workouts, not just what Rivals or 247 say about them. I am willing to see how this plays out this year and not worried about the star rankings due to COVID last year not really allowing a real evaluation for a lot of players. There are some real 5* players based on their abilities and where they are now. I am not however worried on the difference between the 3* and 4* due to the way evals are done this year. This kid is fast, versatile, and played almost every position. Will be someone who can plug and play at safety pretty quickly.

Next year will go back to Star gazing, but not this year.

Look fellas. Of all teams, Kentucky proved you can win 10 games in the SECE with 3 stars and good coaching. We can do the same. Difference being? Unlike with Kentucky, when TENNESSEE wins 10 games the 4 and 5 stars will come in droves!! Trust the process.

Look fellas. Of all teams, Kentucky proved you can win 10 games in the SECE with 3 stars and good coaching. We can do the same. Difference being? Unlike with Kentucky, when TENNESSEE wins 10 games the 4 and 5 stars will come in droves!! Trust the process.
I can’t wait for a ten win season.

VN Store

Back