'22 KY LB Kalib Perry (Tennessee signee)

This has been said in every commits thread this year.

It’s more likely we’re just netting a mediocre class than it is we’re discovering every diamond in the rough player out there.

Come at me, cheerleaders. Excited to be lectured again about how rankings don’t matter this year. Meanwhile the usual suspects are landing the same top classes with the usual highly ranked recruits.

Breathtakingly stupid post, even for you.

You’re smart enough to know exactly why we’re struggling in recruiting this year.

This has been said in every commits thread this year.

It’s more likely we’re just netting a mediocre class than it is we’re discovering every diamond in the rough player out there.

Come at me, cheerleaders. Excited to be lectured again about how rankings don’t matter this year. Meanwhile the usual suspects are landing the same top classes with the usual highly ranked recruits.

Not a cheerleader, per se', but I do try to find the bright spots.

Yes, there are still highly ranked players this year, and the teams who have a recent history of winning and no pending NCAA judgment will continue to get them. That is still a fact.

Here's another fact: UCF put more guys in the league than UT did. Lower ranked guys. So, yeah.

It is fair to be concerned, but it is also not unreasonable to maintain a positive outlook that with guys like Rodney Garner and Willie Martinez on staff, both of whom have demonstrated an ability to evaluate and develop NFL talent, that we may not be as screwed as many seem to think.

It is also a fact that players haven't been as well vetted this year, and some of those highly ranked guys that those other teams get may not be as good as they appear on paper, and the lower ranked guys that we get, may not be as bad as they appear on paper. Unknown, but I seriously doubt that any ranking, good or bad, is as reliable this year.

A "glass half full" guy really could build a decent case why it might be prudent to take a "wait and see" posture.

Not sure if this has been said or not but even though his offer list is mediocre, the fact that KY was going after him is pretty intriguing. Say what you will about their football program, they have done a great job evaluating and developing LBs over the past few years.

Im a homer and glass half full. I think we’re a potential 9 win team this year. But I’m not a blind cheerleader. This is an underwhelming class this year. If you can’t acknowledge that then you might as well flush your opinion because you’re just gonna cheer everything regardless
I'll acknowledge that you're making a bunch of statements. But until you can actually judge a players talent, than your opinion is not any better.

Why is it underwhelming? You haven't seen what Heupel can do with Pruitt's players, yet you know what he will get out of our current commits? Because how they perform is what matters.
And you're saying these guys aren't going to be good enough.

WHY?

boom-explosion-eps-vector_csp15351688.jpg

Think he could be a nice player here, but I'm not sure his future is at safety. I'm definitely not an expert, though, so we'll see

I'll take guys like this all day that WANT to be here. How many 4 & 5 stars have come in here and hardly ever see the field. People's lackluster feelings about these kids are based on bunch of dudes who never played football who haven't even been at camps the past year. I want guys who want to work and get better, not the ones who can skip workouts in HS and still start. Only time will tell.

Looks like he plays mostly safety in HS, lots of footage of him making plays in run support. Does seem to have good instincts. Let’s pack some weight on and see what happens! Boom.

I think he ends up at TE.
Regardless he is certainly a good player on either side. Smart too. Glad we got him!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I like the fact that he had 140 tackles in a shortened season.

Plus he's an athlete that played both sides of the ball. Usually those guys are top notch athletes and have productive college careers.

I think at the least we added solid depth here.

Not sure if this has been said or not but even though his offer list is mediocre, the fact that KY was going after him is pretty intriguing. Say what you will about their football program, they have done a great job evaluating and developing LBs over the past few years.
Kentucky puts defensive players in the NFL.

VN Store

Back