'20 KY DT Octavious Oxendine (Kentucky commit)

i wouldn't pay for either. but i generally like 247's rating system better than Rivals. plus too many issues with the Rival camps and rating discrepancies.....
This is how I feel, too. Don't have a subscription to either, but I like 247's rating system a LOT better and think they generally have better evaluators.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
The three-star Class of 2020 defensive tackle from North Hardin High School in Radcliff, Ky., most recently traveled to Tennessee in early March for one of its junior days, and while he said he doesn’t “know quite yet" when he will return there, he's hoping to take another look at the Vols by this summer. The 6-foot-3, 303-pound Oxendine said he even discussed potentially making the trip to Knoxville as early as this weekend, but he won’t be able to because he plans to attend Sunday’s The Opening Regional in Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Oxendine said he’s strongly considering Tennessee, though, and the Vols are “one of the teams recruiting me hardest,” along with Kentucky and Purdue. “It’s pretty consistent still from everybody,” said Oxendine. He said he recently has stayed in contact with Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt, defensive line coach Tracy Rocker and quality control analyst Brandon Deaderick. Oxendine said Derrick Ansley, the Vols’ first-year defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach, also stopped at his school last month “at the beginning” of the spring evaluation period.

“I talk to Coach Rock, Coach Deaderick and Pruitt up there, and Ansley, a lot,” Deaderick said. “I hear from Coach Pruitt every now and then. Coach Deaderick, he’s pretty consistent. I talk to him, like, every other day.” Oxendine said Tennessee has continued to let him know “that they still want me” while also encouraging him to “just stay on it, stay on the grind. Don’t become too big-headed with the (recruiting) process.”

Nearby Louisville, Kentucky and Oklahoma also have hosted him on visits in recent months, and he said he’s planning to hit the road again next month. He said he’s scheduled to travel to Alabama on June 8 and Texas on June 22. He has yet to schedule any official visits, but it’s possible he could take some this summer. “I’ll probably have some before the season starts and some during the season,” Oxendine said. “I just don’t have any dates set or anything.”

For now, he’s not sure when he might be ready to decide on a college. “I’ll sit down with parents and my coach and get with them, and I’ll start narrowing it down throughout the summer and stuff like that,” Oxendine said. “I don’t have anything exact yet.”

The wording on Oklahoma makes it seem like they are close. Cant imagine they are.

Also this guy has an NFL name. Take him.

VQ posted an update video. Didn’t watch it but I bet he say he likes Tennessee’s staff they keep it real not always about football wants to take more visits will decide during his senior year.

Just a guess

Please, no. Why is he a need?

Because we’re 3 star u. :)

But probably also because it’s a huge position of need, this staff knows defensive talent, and he’s probably a guy due for a ratings bump because unless I’m mistaken, he’s been doing well in recent camps iirc.

NT types are probably hard to rank high like centers so I wouldn’t put much stock on the rating.

Reactions: JacketVol

VN Store

Back