'20 KY DT Octavious Oxendine (Kentucky commit)

Sorry i tend to look at the composite ranking and 24/7's. If he is a composite 4 star than I consider him a 4 star. But i dont normally base off of one site, especially not rivals. 24/7 has him at an 85 and composite is just over 87.
None of that matters. 4 star on at least one site = 4 star. Science.

Just watched this kids highlights. Big strong kid that easily overpowers other kids on the high school level. Has very good play recognition for a DL. The negatives I saw were that he stands straight up at the snap almost every play and doesn't explode off the line. These are things that can be fixed with coaching, but he would need a couple years of development to be a contributor. He doesn't display the athleticism in the highlights I saw to play anywhere other than nose tackle.

Just watched this kids highlights. Big strong kid that easily overpowers other kids on the high school level. Has very good play recognition for a DL. The negatives I saw were that he stands straight up at the snap almost every play and doesn't explode off the line. These are things that can be fixed with coaching, but he would need a couple years of development to be a contributor. He doesn't display the athleticism in the highlights I saw to play anywhere other than nose tackle.

Why would we need him anywhere other than nose?

Sorry i tend to look at the composite ranking and 24/7's. If he is a composite 4 star than I consider him a 4 star. But i dont normally base off of one site, especially not rivals. 24/7 has him at an 85 and composite is just over 87.

I trust 247 more than anyone. Makes me apprehensive when a kid has a 247 ranking lower than his composite or significantly lower than rivals.

But I’m hoping in another year or so to say I trust our staff more than anyone.

A 3-4 DT is essentially a nose tackle. And this guy will definitely be a nose tackle cause he’s gonna be taking up multiple lineman on every play with that size. The LBs will love this kid for the holes he opens up for them.
A 3-4 DT is not a NT...different responsibilities and ideal body types.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Yeah when I think of 3-4 nt, I think Casey Hampton...34/43 DT's are probably way more interchangeable.

Nt's are more specialized in a 34 as far as ideal body type and skill set go.

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
A 3-4 DT is not a NT...different responsibilities and ideal body types.

It’s literally the definition of a NT. U can say what you want about responsibilities and body types. But if you run a 3-4 land your recruiting a defensive tackle like this young man then your recruiting him as a NT plain and simple.

Reactions: MetalVolunteer
It’s literally the definition of a NT. U can say what you want about responsibilities and body types. But if you run a 3-4 land your recruiting a defensive tackle like this young man then your recruiting him as a NT plain and simple.
Then I don’t see why they don’t move DT’s to nose in the NFL. They don’t. Because they’re not interchangeable. It’s a Savion Williams recruitment. Recruit him as a DT and rotate him to NT to spell the starter.

I
Then I don’t see why they don’t move DT’s to nose in the NFL. They don’t. Because they’re not interchangeable. It’s a Savion Williams recruitment. Recruit him as a DT and rotate him to NT to spell the starter.

Because in the NFL your not gonna draft a guy out of college to play NT if he’s played DT in college in a 4-3. That’s obvious, but from high school to college it is 1000% different. Just because this kid lines up all over the place in high school in a 4-3 that does not mean that CJP isn’t recruiting him to play one very specific spot on the defensive line in he 3-4 scheme. ala NT.
As always I enjoy the debate with ya @butchna

I

Because in the NFL your not gonna draft a guy out of college to play NT if he’s played DT in college in a 4-3. That’s obvious, but from high school to college it is 1000% different. Just because this kid lines up all over the place in high school in a 4-3 that does not mean that CJP isn’t recruiting him to play one very specific spot on the defensive line in he 3-4 scheme. ala NT.

that makes one.

I

Edit: Saw your response.

VN Store

Back