Ky DC to KC Chiefs

UK DC hired by KC Chiefs,,, fallout?

It means people are realizing UK has improved with coaches moving to better jobs. Neal Brown, Dawson, House, Ansley, etc etc. Stoops isnt a great HC on the field, but he has done a good job of hiring people.

And the former Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator Bob Sutton was recently hired by the Atlanta Falcons,

Any UT coaches get contacted by UK now?,, Also Grantham rumored out at fla for Bengals

It means people are realizing UK has improved with coaches moving to better jobs. Neal Brown, Dawson, House, Ansley, etc etc. Stoops isnt a great HC on the field, but he has done a good job of hiring people.
If I had a dime for every time I heard "(insert name of college coach) isn't a good HC on the field" I'd be a wealthy man.

Most of them aren't. A tactically strong HC in college is an exception, not the rule.

We run the terms “bad look” and “optics” into the ground, but KY trying to quash him from joining the Chiefs aptly fits. Future assistants (and maybe recruits) may view that fail as desperate and pathetic. JMO

Chiefs were also considering KY DC Matt House for their DC opening before hiring Spags. I guess he is establishing a rising star.
On a side note - Florida DC Grantham is interviewing for the Cincy Bungals DC job.

Reactions: sport3500
We run the terms “bad look” and “optics” into the ground, but KY trying to quash him from joining the Chiefs aptly fits. Future assistants (and maybe recruits) may view that fail as desperate and pathetic. JMO

I don't know the details but it was an issue with a buyout and contract stuff. I dont believe it was as black/white where UK said "nah bro, you cant leave".

I don't know the details but it was an issue with a buyout and contract stuff. I dont believe it was as black/white where UK said "nah bro, you cant leave".
It pretty much was. Like USC with Kingsbury, they had to backtrack.

VN Store

Back