‘23 KY CB Cristian Conyer (Tennessee commit)

Offer list leaves a lot wanting...but if it takes away from UK...by all means

If Tennessee wants to compete for any kind of championship they shouldn’t be worried about recruiting against Kentucky. Tennessee continues to beat them at their best when they are worst.

Reactions: onevol74
Good analysis but I'm worried about Georgia utilizing their TE in the slot and if you don't have a 6' plus guy there you're probably screwed.
UGA has 3 guys now at that TE spot they create mismatches with.

More than a certain defender on them, we need better pass rush. Nobody was able to guard Bowers last year. Regardless if a LB, S, NB. It didn't matter

In regards of how you play them in the pass game? Film film film. Learn to cut of angles.
Have the strength and length to fight with them before the ball get thrown. Often times a CB can stop the TE in the slot because of superior quickness. Bowers is just a different animal tho. At least in college he is.
Doesn't matter who you throw on him.

If Tennessee wants to compete for any kind of championship they shouldn’t be worried about recruiting against Kentucky. Tennessee continues to beat them at their best when they are worst.
Alabama lost a recruiting battle for a 5 star OT to Kentucky. I would say Alabama is doing pretty good myself

How is there room for this guy if we lead for Sylvester smith slaughter and have lutrell committed? One of these guys playing a different position?

How is there room for this guy if we lead for Sylvester smith slaughter and have lutrell committed? One of these guys playing a different position?
versatile dbs are handy in this defense also we needs dbs, wouldn't be surprised if we took 6
and i think the 6 will end up being
Smith
Luttrell
Strozier
Conyer
Slaughter
Maybe Sandy

We're going to break out a new, never before seen defense. It's called the (2)4/7. It consists of 1 DT, 3 Edge rushers, and 7 Safeties. It's going to revolutionize college football.

We need 5 or 6 IMO.
Conyer and Strozier at corner. Smith and Slaughter are safeties. Luttrell is an extremely talented athlete and you just figure it out when he gets on campus. Could play either side. Works out pretty easily. Zack Myers could play numerous spots also.
it'll be interesting to see how dbs shake out

Honestly Turnage,Williams and Charles asd Haden and its a nice to start.I think with that group specifically we get tested out the gate, but there the type of guys that improve after 6 or 7 games.Mcdonald,McColugh Slaughter,Flowers,Burrell 🤮.. please no Warren but Martinez gonna have to earn his money this seasonm.Hes got talent I think so curious to see it unfold

Reactions: LittleVol
We need 5 or 6 IMO.
Conyer and Strozier at corner. Smith and Slaughter are safeties. Luttrell is an extremely talented athlete and you just figure it out when he gets on campus. Could play either side. Works out pretty easily. Zack Myers could play numerous spots also.
Strozier is going to end up at Clemson. I think they’ll end up taking Ahmad Brown instead

The concern isn't that we're up against them for a recruit. We should win, ofc.

It is that we're not facing any other big programs for said recruit. The concern is why the good programs aren't after the recruit.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93

I think AP said they see him as a corner, but I'm going off memory and could be wrong.

But safeties are the most versatile piece of any defense and the position you play the most players at in your base defense(2 Edge, 2 interior, 2LBs, 2 CBs, 3 safeties). In passing scenarios you may have as many as 5 on the field.

Plus if we do end up with too many in one class, we redshirt.

Ever watch the Ravens? They've done some interesting things in playing more safeties for their versatility.

The Ravens are revolutionizing defensive football | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

she's the equivalent of the ole miss homers
I've never gotten that vibe from 247, to be fair. People there tend to respect her and her predictions. Not quite at Callahan level, but not terribly far behind.

The worst I've seen are:
1) USCjr - the main guy there (JC Shurburtt(?)) has always been a huge homer, but he's now part-owner of their collective. Awful.

2) Ole Miss and David Johnson, for sure.

There are probably a few more notable ones, but just off the top of my head.

VN Store

Back