Kudos for GT winning the ACC (a past SEC brother)

Congrats to the players and coaches! Wonderful exposure for GT. Really fun to watch their stifling defense.

Reactions: Border Vol
I always have had a soft spot for GA Tech basketball. I’m originally from Atlanta and actually went to the Bobby Cremins basketball camp back when I was 14. It was a 3 day camp, you got to stay on the dorms, run drills with the coaches, including Cremins, and so on. It was super fun. I’m happy for the Yellow Jackets!

I always have had a soft spot for GA Tech basketball. I’m originally from Atlanta and actually went to the Bobby Cremins basketball camp back when I was 14. It was a 3 day camp, you got to stay on the dorms, run drills with the coaches, including Cremins, and so on. It was super fun. I’m happy for the Yellow Jackets!

He was a class act at USC jr, too. I was at NC State when he played for Frank McGuire

Josh Pastner of all people. Heck that should be proof enough that success in a single elimination tourney involves a LOT of luck
Josh Pastner saved his job and he will be coaching them for many seasons to come.

Haha! I share the same sentiment, probably for different reasons, LW. This GT team is special. Look for them to ball out in the games to come.
I think this team will have a run in the NCAA Tournament similar to the 2004 team that lost to UConn in the National Championship Game.

I mean yeah they actually did have a lot of luck. They got a free ride to the final. I know Virgina isn’t the same team as they have been in recent years but they beat GT twice in the regular season. Congrats to GT on winning but the ACC was down this year so it’s not all that impressive to me.

Awww...don't be down on luck; it's often the deciding factor in many of life's situations. Personally, I am not very lucky. But as the saying goes, you don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I really like this GT team because they play with energy, they execute, and they truly respect each other's talents and those of the coaching staff.

Josh Pastner of all people. Heck that should be proof enough that success in a single elimination tourney involves a LOT of luck

So weird. One of the most consistently underperforming coaches overachieves this season. But after 12 seasons, maybe he's turned the corner and learned to be a good coach. Or maybe it's just a 1-year run that will never be repeated.

In any case, I have always like GT.

Reactions: Vol49er
It's a nice run for them, but it has Cuonzo Martin vibes to it. Pastner has underachieved his whole career, and they weren't good this season until mid-February.

I think this team will have a run in the NCAA Tournament similar to the 2004 team that lost to UConn in the National Championship Game.
I watched these guys get taken down by Mercer earlier this year. I’m not seeing a big run for these guys.

I mean yeah they actually did have a lot of luck. They got a free ride to the final. I know Virgina isn’t the same team as they have been in recent years but they beat GT twice in the regular season. Congrats to GT on winning but the ACC was down this year so it’s not all that impressive to me.

As one of my golfing partners used to say, we don't take pictures we just write down the score.

UVA and FSU are the only consistent teams in the ACC this season and at times both have shown major letdowns . When Louisville, Duke, Cuse and UNC are all down it’s not a good look.

Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back