Knoxville Restaurants

Suggestions for my birthday dinner in or around Knoxville coming up...nothing fancy just big portions of really good food at a place with a lot of character? Was thinking Gus' since I haven't been there yet. In before applebees...

Last edited:
Suggestions for my birthday dinner in or around Knoxville coming up...nothing fancy just big portions of really good food at a place with a lot of character? Was thinking Gus' since I haven't been there yet. In before applebees...
Birthday dinner with big portions = Brazeiros. Just be selective with which meats you take. If you stick with filet, picanha, lamb chops, and their other choice beef cuts, you will get your money's worth. Don't waste room on chicken, sausage, and ribs (which are not so good, anyway).

Reactions: bignewt
Quick update: Another Myrtle's sign was installed on Kingston Pike at the old Chick fil A drive through. Almost across the street next to IHOP they are building a new KFC. Structure is in place.

Quick update: Another Myrtle's sign was installed on Kingston Pike at the old Chick fil A drive through. Almost across the street next to IHOP they are building a new KFC. Structure is in place.
Can’t say it enough, Myrtles is some good eats

I am headed to the Knoxville area for a high school class reunion in late Sept. What are good restaurants in Maryville for dinner? Nothing fancy as I want to do some hiking during the day and will stay at the airport hotel Sun. evening for a very early flight out Monday morning.

If you are going to hike you might consider Dancing Bear in Townsend.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
I am headed to the Knoxville area for a high school class reunion in late Sept. What are good restaurants in Maryville for dinner? Nothing fancy as I want to do some hiking during the day and will stay at the airport hotel Sun. evening for a very early flight out Monday morning.

Check out The Shed for some decent BBQ. Tell Ian that Rock sends his regards if he's around!

Reactions: Boca Vol
What are the best places on the Cumberland strip on gamedays that aren’t as difficult to get into for lunch? Assuming it’s a night game.

Thanks. I'll be in LC (Maryville side of Ft. Loudon Lake) for the BYU game and this isn't too far.
Don't laugh, but the Belgian place in downtown LC is actually really good, and it's definitely authentic, including Trappist beers, etc. Avoid if watching your calories though!

Reactions: bignewt
Don't laugh, but the Belgian place in downtown LC is actually really good, and it's definitely authentic, including Trappist beers, etc. Avoid if watching your calories though!

LeNoir? Is that the one? Place is legit.

I'll get it Thurs afternoon. Hang out with Mom & Dad at their place on the lake Thurs night and Friday...cook on the BGE! Go to the game on Sat. Stay in K-ville Sat night. Head to ATL on Sun for a Mon meeting.

What are the best places on the Cumberland strip on gamedays that aren’t as difficult to get into for lunch? Assuming it’s a night game.
The Strip is awful in terms of restaurants. They’ve spent a bunch of money redoing the street scape and new fancy buildings, but other than Copper Cellar and Sunspot there isn’t much other than counter service.

The Strip is awful in terms of restaurants. They’ve spent a bunch of money redoing the street scape and new fancy buildings, but other than Copper Cellar and Sunspot there isn’t much other than counter service.

Yea, it's changed since I was there. Looks better but food isn't. We went into a pizza place when I went to Homecoming last year. I was with my Dad and my son, so it was fine. But, if I was with my peers, we would want something else.

Yea, it's changed since I was there. Looks better but food isn't. We went into a pizza place when I went to Homecoming last year. I was with my Dad and my son, so it was fine. But, if I was with my peers, we would want something else.

Zaxby’s is tantalizing delight on The Strip. Yuck

VN Store

Back