Knoxville Restaurants

I ordered it medium. It was definitely well-marbled. I’ve acutually had better ribeyes at O’Charleys of all places. I rarely eat steak out because I can usually cook it better myself, but I figured since they’re supposed to be known for their steaks that I’d give it a shot. The add-ons of blue cheese butter with a red wine reduction were incredible though.
That's too bad, then. Did you consider sending it back? I really almost never do that, but in the case of a bad steak that I'm paying good money for, I probably would.

Agree with BD, I always have very good food and at least decent service there.

That's too bad, then. Did you consider sending it back? I really almost never do that, but in the case of a bad steak that I'm paying good money for, I probably would.

Agree with BD, I always have very good food and at least decent service there.
My wife suggested I send it back. I’ve never done that, but this probably would have been a great time to do it. Our server was really slow as well. All around just a less than impressive experience. I’ll still give it another shot.

My wife suggested I send it back. I’ve never done that, but this probably would have been a great time to do it. Our server was really slow as well. All around just a less than impressive experience. I’ll still give it another shot.
Maybe email the manager on duty or the restaurant in general and let them know your experience. They may send you a coupon/gift card to come back and try again. I’m sure they would love to know about your visit esp with the busy season coming for Turkey Creek

Maybe email the manager on duty or the restaurant in general and let them know your experience. They may send you a coupon/gift card to come back and try again. I’m sure they would love to know about your visit esp with the busy season coming for Turkey Creek
That's a great idea. I just suggested that my wife do the same with Archer's BBQ after two poor experiences in a row. A good manager would want to know feedback like that.

Did you get the regular ribeye or the espresso ribeye? The demi glace comes with the espresso one. I actually got the 14oz regular ribeye last week and it was absolutely delicious. I had them cook it medium rare plus.

Did you get the regular ribeye or the espresso ribeye? The demi glace comes with the espresso one. I actually got the 14oz regular ribeye last week and it was absolutely delicious. I had them cook it medium rare plus.
The regular 14 oz. I honestly don’t think they did anything wrong, it was just a tough piece of meat.

The regular 14 oz. I honestly don’t think they did anything wrong, it was just a tough piece of meat.
My mom got a tough one at the “west” (I guess) chop house. Sent it back. They brought a free appetizer and I’m pretty sure they comped part of the meal.

As a manager, I wouldn't care too much about knowing that the steak was tough. It happens and, frankly, most people who have steak know that there is always potential for the meat to cook a little weird. I'd care more about the poor service.

Night of, it would be good to know the meat came out wrong so that I could get you a new steak on the grill ASAP. At this point, I'd be more inclined to try to make things better if the problem was service. Not saying I wouldn't still try to do something, but like...a steak coming out tough once isn't going to stop a guest from returning. A service staff giving poor service and the manager not fixing the problem is a different story.

As a manager, I wouldn't care too much about knowing that the steak was tough. It happens and, frankly, most people who have steak know that there is always potential for the meat to cook a little weird. I'd care more about the poor service.

Night of, it would be good to know the meat came out wrong so that I could get you a new steak on the grill ASAP. At this point, I'd be more inclined to try to make things better if the problem was service. Not saying I wouldn't still try to do something, but like...a steak coming out tough once isn't going to stop a guest from returning. A service staff giving poor service and the manager not fixing the problem is a different story.
As a customer, I am in complete agreement with your assessment.

On the topic of ribeye steaks, I've gone to the Longhorn Steakhouse in the Detroit airport twice in the past month. I ordered their parmesan crusted ribeye on both visits. I have to say that their ribeyes have been some of the tastiest steaks I've had in a long time. Will definitely order again.

Locally, the only other steakhouse I've been to lately was the Alamo Steakhouse in Pigeon Forge. Fantastic steaks, ordered the Sirloin mid-rare. Cooked perfectly, tender steak with a fantastic flavor.

So this past weekend I went to Nashville for the game. For dinner Saturday night, we went to Sperry's in Franklin. That was one of the best experiences I've ever had at a restaurant. The waiter was enjoyable. The food was phenomenal. The best way to describe the prime rib that I got was that after every bite I took, I had to lean back and appreciate it. I couldn't recommend Sperry's enough.

Reactions: DinkinFlicka
It's probably been covered in this thread but I'm gonna say it.

Litton's kind of sucks now. I was never crazy about it growing up but it's more painfully obvious than ever. Service was the only thing I liked.

Reactions: wildnkrazykat
It's probably been covered in this thread but I'm gonna say it.

Litton's kind of sucks now. I was never crazy about it growing up but it's more painfully obvious than ever. Service was the only thing I liked.
Litton’s is so bad that I honestly have no understanding as to how it is still in business.

On the topic of ribeye steaks, I've gone to the Longhorn Steakhouse in the Detroit airport twice in the past month. I ordered their parmesan crusted ribeye on both visits. I have to say that their ribeyes have been some of the tastiest steaks I've had in a long time. Will definitely order again.

Locally, the only other steakhouse I've been to lately was the Alamo Steakhouse in Pigeon Forge. Fantastic steaks, ordered the Sirloin mid-rare. Cooked perfectly, tender steak with a fantastic flavor.

On a similar note the last couple times I've visited a Texas Roadhouse(Turkey Creek)(I know, totally sacrilege), the filets were spot on. That's coming from a long time Connors patron.

The best thing at Litton's is truly their desserts. Those haven't changed. The strawberry cake is just as good as it was 25 years ago.

We recently visited the new Nama on Cedar Bluff. I love the gas lamps out front, seriously nice touch. The food that night was just as good as the Bearden location. If you've never tried it the Nigori Sake is excellent, very easy to drink.

He's a good dude. Throws a **** game of darts, though.

Definitely one of the more talented, seasoned restaurant lifers in the area.
It was my birthday, so they treated me to a sticky pudding and a picture. We're all dressed up in orange as we had just watched the trash game earlier. As they clicked the picture, he said "go gators" and I shot him the look of death immediately haha

So this past weekend I went to Nashville for the game. For dinner Saturday night, we went to Sperry's in Franklin. That was one of the best experiences I've ever had at a restaurant. The waiter was enjoyable. The food was phenomenal. The best way to describe the prime rib that I got was that after every bite I took, I had to lean back and appreciate it. I couldn't recommend Sperry's enough.
Sperrys is fantastic and the bar area is unique. The entire place is top notch

Went to the last day of Central Filling Station for the season. We’ve got some great food trucks in our area! Took a slow drive through the old city and downtown to enjoy the Christmas lights. The city was busy and bustling on a Sunday night. Then diverted through campus. New UC and street beautification are looking nice.

Great time to live in the Knoxville area!!!

Reactions: davethevol
Hit up IJAMS yesterday and after ate at SOKNO taco cantina. Cool little location I felt like I was in gentrified heaven. The tacos were very tasty and they have a very good beer selection. I would hit it again next time I am in the area.

A family snowpocalypse burger run tonight ended up at Connor's. The boursin burger is absolutely fantastic, and they cooked it to a perfect medium. $14 is a little steep for a burger and fries, but the ambiance and service is worth a couple extra bucks. I could eat an entire plate of those onion straws!

VN Store

Back