Knoxville Restaurants

Tried out Elkmont Exchange.
Great facility. Menu is limited and very basic.
However, had I known it was a charcuterie I would have gotten that plate. I will say the French dip was some of the tastiest I've had.

The beer flight was impressive and they claim to brew all their own beers.

Everything I’ve had food wise from there has been very tasty. I am not a fan of their beer but that doesn’t mean it’s awful, just not my style.

Ok, now I'm curious. Please describe what a near death experience feels like with hot sauce?

They used to have some crazy wings that were literally coated in pepper (habanero?) seeds. I think you got a shirt or something if you could eat maybe 10. Somebody brought me a couple in a to-go box (since I have always liked spicy food) and I woofed one down.

Immediately, my mouth and throat ignited and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I gargled vinegar and had to hold milk and bread in my mouth for about 20 minutes. I swear it was the hottest thing I had ever eaten by a country mile.

That was a long time ago (maybe 20 years?) and I've eaten some really hot stuff since, but it was a memorable experience!

Reactions: 1 person
They used to have some crazy wings that were literally coated in pepper (habanero?) seeds. I think you got a shirt or something if you could eat maybe 10. Somebody brought me a couple in a to-go box (since I have always liked spicy food) and I woofed one down.

Immediately, my mouth and throat ignited and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I gargled vinegar and had to hold milk and bread in my mouth for about 20 minutes. I swear it was the hottest thing I had ever eaten by a country mile.

That was a long time ago (maybe 20 years?) and I've eaten some really hot stuff since, but it was a memorable experience!

Was it worth it looking back?

big kahuna fest was a lot of fun until the lines got out of hand and the heat got unbearable. We were out of there by 2 PM. Had some damn tasty wings though and the cover band did a monster rendition of whipping post.

Our dinner at the Oliver Royale tonight was simply perfect. Every course was outstanding, and the vibe is very comfortable and "Knoxville." I'd love to clone the habanero relish that accompanied my duck entree, and our scallop appetizer was a flavor kaleidoscope.

Tried Clancy's last night prior to Dennis Miller. Wore my assless chaps in honor of Pride March.

Very traditional pub with decent beer menu and nice whisky selection. Food was good.

My kind of place. Laid back, friendly, solid.

Reactions: 2 people
Speaking of Dennis Miller, I went around last night asking our staff if they knew who he was... Blank stares was all I received. The closest I could get to explaining was saying "the radio host in Joe Dirt".
I followed up by asking them who David Spade is.... And now my headache is back...

Myrtles Chicken and Beer. It was pretty solid. I like the chicken better at Gus’s but it wasn’t like it was bad. Fresh never frozen and very good sauces. Both sides I had were good, black eyed pea salad (cold dish) and potato salad. The biscuit was tasty as well. Decent price as well and the service was polite and attentive but not hovering. I’ll go back and try something else but I went with the large dark platter with two thighs and a leg

Went to Maple Street Biscuit Company last week. Food was great. Not quite Biscuit Love in Nashville. If MSBC had a "Nashville Hot" style, it would have taken it up a notch.

Tried Clancy's last night prior to Dennis Miller. Wore my assless chaps in honor of Pride March.

Very traditional pub with decent beer menu and nice whisky selection. Food was good.

My kind of place. Laid back, friendly, solid.

Friend of mine used to run it until a few months ago. Meeting with him in a few days to talk about helping him run a restaurant group that oversees five (six later this year) venues in Knoxville.

Went to Maple Street Biscuit Company last week. Food was great. Not quite Biscuit Love in Nashville. If MSBC had a "Nashville Hot" style, it would have taken it up a notch.

Went there again. Got the buffalo one. Also tasty. Next time I'm gonna have them put the hot sauce on the #1 or whatever it's called and see if that gets me where I wanna be.

The Double Dogs on the old Rafferty's spot looks close to completion. There are also doors facing Kingston Pike and Ebenezer that look like spaces for two more businesses in the same building.

VN Store

Back