Knoxville area golf

TerpVol

Hi all. My daughter is a student at UTK and me and my two sons (both in their 20s) will be in Knoxville in a few weeks to help move her into a new apartment. We are looking to play golf on a Saturday somewhere within 45 minutes or so of Knoxville. Looking for a nice public course, preferably with some scenic holes (not overly difficult). We are decent golfers so would like to play a nice course. Looking at courses near Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Townsend, etc. but open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a great family weekend.
In knoxville ( or very close) you have Three Ridges to the East towards Sevierville, or Willow Creek and Avalon to the west toward Nashville. All are good fun courses
Sevierville Golf club has two courses a river course that’s flat and a highlands course with elevation changes. Laurel Valley is more a mountain course. Bent Creek (was Cobbly Knob)is a fun mountain tract but is a longer trip from campus. There are the courses around Tellico lake but they’ll be more than 45 from campus

If you don't mind hit over a river a couple of times River Island in Kodak is a fun course. Egwani Farms near Knoxville is a fun course also.

Reactions: Boca Vol
If you don't mind hit over a river a couple of times River Island in Kodak is a fun course. Egwani Farms near Knoxville is a fun course also.
I believe River Island is closed.
I hated that par 3 across the River

I believe River Island is closed.
I hated that par 3 across the River
Nope played it yesterday. It's in pretty good shape, but the greens were slow because they're letting them grow right now

Played the heck out of Pine lakes and Lambert Acres out toward Maryville when was at UT. Used to sneak on at Pine Lakes and got chased one night by ranger. must have left about 20 balls on the green of a par 3 on backside. Not fun to outrun a golf cart with bag and clubs smacking you in the back. Fun days though.

Wind River and Rarity Bay are very scenic. The latter is probably further than you want to drive. I love Tennessee National, but you'll need connections...

Reactions: Boca Vol
The Toqua Course at Tellico Village is legit! Agree with Doc, Wind River and Rarity Bay are fun courses. River Islands is one of my favorites. Egwani Farms isn't bad, either.

Played the heck out of Pine lakes and Lambert Acres out toward Maryville when was at UT. Used to sneak on at Pine Lakes and got chased one night by ranger. must have left about 20 balls on the green of a par 3 on backside. Not fun to outrun a golf cart with bag and clubs smacking you in the back. Fun days though.
Pine Lakes is no more.

Egwani is the best around for the money

VN Store

Back