Knox County Passes Mandatory Indoor Face Masks

It's only a matter of person freedom when it only affects you. When some mouth breathing yokel risks my health and the friends and family I come in contact with, then it's no longer person freedom.

It's not that hard to wear a mask. Don't be that douche.
If the masks are so effective and you have yours on why are you worrying about whether or not someone else is?

If the masks are so effective and you have yours on why are you worrying about whether or not someone else is?

Damn good question............
Because masks are mostly intended to keep somebody from spreading germs. It’s not nearly as effective at keeping things out because the airborne particles are so small.

Because masks are mostly intended to keep somebody from spreading germs. It’s not nearly as effective at keeping things out because the airborne particles are so small.
Much like underwear keeps a fart in? I kid i kid....

Should someone who had Covid, recovered, quarantined for 14 days still be advised to wear a mask?

So they’ll be sent to jail where germs don’t spread

Reactions: allvol123

Should someone who had Covid, recovered, quarantined for 14 days still be advised to wear a mask?
According to some, no. But it were me, I'd never trust any conventional wisdom pertaining to this. There's a lot we just don't know.

Reactions: Smellvin

Yes. At least until there is significant evidence that antibodies are effective and long-lasting.

The Sheriff is the only one with any common sense. These left wing authoritarians are power hungry mad. There is no due process of law. These people forget they work for us.
Bote them out. This should be a voluntary thing.Who the hell do they think they are
threatening people with a class c misdemeanor even the sheriff sounds like he doesn't going to enforce this edict.
I agree with the mask mandate. Tenn. cases are spiking again. Hate to see it happen but there is a lot of selfish , irresponsible people out there and we all can diminish the impact of the COVID resurgence.

Last edited:
It's only a matter of person freedom when it only affects you. When some mouth breathing yokel risks my health and the friends and family I come in contact with, then it's no longer person freedom.

It's not that hard to wear a mask. Don't be that douche.

It's not that hard to use critical thinking either but apparently that is in very short supply. If masks work then you and yours can wear your masks and you will be fine against the "mouth breathers". Of course, if you think cloth masks (which is what the vast majority of people are wearing) stop viruses then I am not sure what to tell you.

I agree with the mask mandate. Tenn. cases are spiking again. Hate to see it happen but there is a lot of selfish , irresponsible people out there and we all can diminish the impact of the COVID response.

Please cite the definitive study which shows masks, let along cloth masks (lol), stop covid-19 (hint: you can't because it does not exist as the experts cannot even agree).

It's not that hard to use critical thinking either but apparently that is very short supply. If masks work then you and yours can wear your masks and you will be fine against the "mouth breathers". Of course, if you think cloth masks (which is what the vast majority of people are wearing) stop viruses then I am not sure what to tell you.

I don't know how many times it has to be said: masks don't protect the wearer. They protect those around the wearer. If I wear a mask and you don't, you're protected from me but I am not protected from you.

Think of it this way:

If you and I are standing next to each other and neither of us is wearing pants, and I start to pee, you're going to get my urine all over your bare legs.

If you are wearing pants but I'm not, your pants will keep off a little bit of my urine, but you're still going to get most of it on your legs.

But if I'm wearing pants, my urine is going to get soaked up by my pants, and you will stay nice and dry.

Please cite the definitive study which shows masks, let along cloth masks (lol), stop covid-19 (hint: you can't because it does not exist as the experts cannot even agree).
I cannot cite a study but it is a plausible opinion and I saw a report last night which actually showed the a person coughing, sneezing and singing with a mask and without one and recorded In a Petri dish. With a mask , there was little or no discernible discharge. Without the mask , the results were frightening, especially with sneezing. This example was conducted in a medical lab. It was on NBC news last night at 6:30 or the local NBC Bristol affiliate right before that. No doubt masks should be worn by all.

Last edited:
I don't know how many times it has to be said: masks don't protect the wearer. They protect those around the wearer. If I wear a mask and you don't, you're protected from me but I am not protected from you.

Think of it this way:

If you and I are standing next to each other and neither of us is wearing pants, and I start to pee, you're going to get my urine all over your bare legs.

If you are wearing pants but I'm not, your pants will keep off a little bit of my urine, but you're still going to get most of it on your legs.

But if I'm wearing pants, my urine is going to get soaked up by my pants, and you will stay nice and dry.
Why would anyone go near someone if their pants were off? Same can be said for people not wearing masks....stay away from them. I choose to wear a mask if I'm going to be in close proximity to people, but I don't believe people should be forced under law to wear one either. I know the risk of going into public places, and by going into them I accept the risk regardless who is or is not wearing a mask.

Think of it this way:

The average diameter of the COVID-19 virus particles is around 120 nm (.12 μm).

"All of the cloth masks and materials had near zero efficiency at 0.3 µm, a particle size that easily penetrates into the lungs"

COMMENTARY: Masks-for-all for COVID-19 not based on sound data

In other words, the gaps in cloth masks are almost 3 times bigger than the average virus particle. And these gaps are the same size in both directions, in and out.

Interesting article. I'm not wearing a mask unless I'm feeling a little under the weather and I must go out for groceries, medicine, etc.

I saw an article the other day where a surgeon commented that a mask only keeps the surgeon from spitting on the patient while talking during surgery. Masks are probably more for psychological purposes than anything else. Just to keep us cowering and beholden to the politicians, but I do the same as you to make other people more comfortable when out although I forget it about half the time. My wife and I are both over 65 and we have a grandson living with us who is less than 2 years old. Trying to be extra cautious.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back