Knox County Passes Mandatory Indoor Face Masks

It wasn't family members that brought it in, in fact family members were prohibited from entering....it was Covid patients released from hospitals under orders from governors.
I know it happened in New York. But I’m sure many of the employees contributed to the spread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple Tiger
You have your opinion. That is what is great about this country. You want to opine that a report has not been manipulated. Mask up then.

I have watched the public mask wearing with amusement lately. The untrained general public doesn’t get how it works.

Disposable masks are disposable for a reason.

Are the wearers putting them on with fresh gloves?

Are they touching the masks or repositioning the masks with a fresh pair of gloves every time?

Are they changing masks between visits to multiple locations?

Are they washing the masks?

Are they placing them on with their nose hanging out?

Are the wiping sweat and other secretions from the facial area with a fresh towel and disposing this in a designated bin?

Do they remove the masks with a gloved hand?

Do they have access to an autoclave sterilizer to kill any organism that is in the masks after a day out?

This glosses over the problems with masks in general.

But hey I played lots of ball and I had my lucky shirt. And my data proved that my lucky shirt actually helped.
I do some of the things you stated. But even if people don’t all the things you mentioned there is some prevention that happens as opposed to not wearing a mask at all. It only takes being In the wrong place at the wrong time to catch the virus and if you have a mask on at that time it may save you. Although I remove the masks with my hand I am using hand sanitizer before and after. Your argument is about 100 % efficiency. No one is arguing that is possible. I’ll accept 30,50,80% prevention over not wearing a mask at all and having zero percent if I come in close enough contact from someone who has it

The

But then a person can be accused of stating people life’s in Nursing Homes are not as important As the rest of the population. First shutdowns should have occurred. Hopefully their will be a better plan going forward.
Or they can state that officials mandated that covid + patients be put into nursing homes with the highest risk population, thus driving up mortality rates. One could state that the mortality rate outside of nursing homes would thus be much lower. One could state that it makes sense to close access to nursing homes as opposed to shutting society outside of them. It may make sense to mandate masks in nursing homes, but not outside of them.

Or they can state that officials mandated that covid + patients be put into nursing homes with the highest risk population, thus driving up mortality rates. One could state that the mortality rate outside of nursing homes would thus be much lower. One could state that it makes sense to close access to nursing homes as opposed to shutting society outside of them. It may make sense to mandate masks in nursing homes, but not outside of them.
I would mandate in every building if we have spikes in certain areas. Then we can keep business’s open and not close down again.

You have your opinion. That is what is great about this country. You want to opine that a report has not been manipulated. Mask up then.

I have watched the public mask wearing with amusement lately. The untrained general public doesn’t get how it works.

Disposable masks are disposable for a reason.

Are the wearers putting them on with fresh gloves?

Are they touching the masks or repositioning the masks with a fresh pair of gloves every time?

Are they changing masks between visits to multiple locations?

Are they washing the masks?

Are they placing them on with their nose hanging out?

Are the wiping sweat and other secretions from the facial area with a fresh towel and disposing this in a designated bin?

Do they remove the masks with a gloved hand?

Do they have access to an autoclave sterilizer to kill any organism that is in the masks after a day out?

This glosses over the problems with masks in general.

But hey I played lots of ball and I had my lucky shirt. And my data proved that my lucky shirt actually helped.
And mask probably help the same way your lucky shirt did. It gave you confidence, anyone wearing a mask is probably adhering to other good hygiene practices helping reduce their odds of contracting.

And mask probably help the same way your lucky shirt did. It gave you confidence, anyone wearing a mask is probably adhering to other good hygiene practices helping reduce their odds of contracting.
Masks can help and not because they make you feel safer.

Would you be willing to not support mandatory vaccinations if people agree to wear masks?

I don't even get the point of your question, honestly. Obviously a proven vaccine is a batter option. Doesn't even need to be mandatory. Once a person is safely vaccinated, it doesn't matter what the idiots do.

Agreed. Stay home whenever possible. If you need to go out, wear a mask. It's not a complex plan. And you don't have to choose one or the other.
Stay home if you don't want to be around people that don't want to wear masks. You take risks whenever you get in a car, I don't see you advocating taking away drivers licenses for people that you think shouldn't be on the road. Your cries fall on deaf ears here. I wear a mask selectively. I stay away from people as much as I can. Stop dictating what others should and should not do.

Reactions: oz615
I don't even get the point of your question, honestly. Obviously a proven vaccine is a batter option. Doesn't even need to be mandatory. Once a person is safely vaccinated, it doesn't matter what the idiots do.
So getting a vaccine makes you safe but you are still an idiot? Beginning to detect a political lean here. You know, the progressive everyone is stupid but us party?

So getting a vaccine makes you safe but you are still an idiot? Beginning to detect a political lean here. You know, the progressive everyone is stupid but us party?

I only meant being unvaccinated AND refusing to wear a mask as stupid. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I only meant being unvaccinated AND refusing to wear a mask as stupid. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

If the penalty is just being called stupid by you guys without having a mandated vaccine for job, passports, drivers license, etc., I think that is a fair trade.

Stay home if you don't want to be around people that don't want to wear masks. You take risks whenever you get in a car, I don't see you advocating taking away drivers licenses for people that you think shouldn't be on the road. Your cries fall on deaf ears here. I wear a mask selectively. I stay away from people as much as I can. Stop dictating what others should and should not do.

Dangerous drivers should absolutely be subject to having their license revoked, yes. But that's what traffic laws are intended to do I suppose.

I have no power to dictate anything. I have every right to share my opinion, as do you. Agree to disagree.

I just can't justify potentially getting or transmitting a disease that's currently out of control and possibly deadly if I can prevent it with very simple precautions. I have a conscience.

Reactions: Vol Main
Dangerous drivers should absolutely be subject to having their license revoked, yes. But that's what traffic laws are intended to do I suppose.

I have no power to dictate anything. I have every right to share my opinion, as do you. Agree to disagree.

I just can't justify potentially getting or transmitting a disease that's currently out of control and possibly deadly if I can prevent it with very simple precautions. I have a conscience.
Good for you.

Reactions: wombat7477
I do some of the things you stated. But even if people don’t all the things you mentioned there is some prevention that happens as opposed to not wearing a mask at all. It only takes being In the wrong place at the wrong time to catch the virus and if you have a mask on at that time it may save you. Although I remove the masks with my hand I am using hand sanitizer before and after. Your argument is about 100 % efficiency. No one is arguing that is possible. I’ll accept 30,50,80% prevention over not wearing a mask at all and having zero percent if I come in close enough contact from someone who has it

The
Lost cause. I tried to educate but sometimes it doesn’t help.

By the way don’t drive anywhere. This is great prevention in not having a wreck.

From what I have seen the mask wearers practices are putting them more at risk. They are bringing things that they touch to their face and leaving it there on their masks. Only to breathe it in all day.

Reactions: Wireless1
So what is the amount of viral load needed to infect one? I'm sure it varies by individual with many variables in play.

Nobody really knows the answer to that yet. It's a fact though that this virus is more virulent/contagious(much easier to catch) than even the flu so it's easy to wager the viral load necessary to infect a person is pretty low.

VN Store

Back