Knox Area HS Football

shawnb82

VN Vet
We ar a ways out still and I know this site is for Vols stuff, but Knoxville area HS football was big time last year. 2A 3A and 4A State Champions from Knoxville. Now there is a scrimage on Aug 5, Maryville Rebels @ Oak Ridge Wildcats. Will be interesting to see who Maryville replaces Cade Thompson with. I think Maryville will go down to Alcoa this year with UT committee Dustin Lynsey running the ball all over the field and qb Fiegler doing just enough.

That game should definitely be a great one. That's one heck of a rivalry between two very good teams.

ill definitly be at that game, hope that dustin and the boys can finally beat maryville!..

My son starts for the South Doyle Cherokees. The smallest defensive tackle in history. 5-11 170lbs. He's a sack artist they use to squirt through the gaps and disrupt the backfield. Anyway, they plan on making some waves in 4a this year since coming down from 5a. You never know, we might catch Maryville and Alcoa overlooking us since we have been so weak the past few years.

I actually hope they move him to linebacker. He's an excellent athlete and will be a junior next year, but he will never grow fast enough to seriously be looked at by any college at his size. Plus, he's getting tired of the 300 lb pancakes.

Alcoa may beat Maryville but it will be due to a lack of Offense on Maryville's part. Maryville's defense returns virtually intact from last year. Don't look for Lindsay or Warren to runn all over the field, if anything look for a 14-12 type game. Warren doesn't like to be stuck and Maryville will do that. Lindsay will get his yards.

TBALL- good luck, but don't look for Maryville to overlook you guys.

Maryville is a top 3 AAAA team
Alcoa is the Class of AA
Fulton is a Top 5 in AAA
Oak Ridge is a Top 5 in AAAAA

A football is up for grabs since all the privates have to move up and compete with the same talent they recruit.

dont think it will happen, 14-12, nah
Alcoa scored more than that last year(31-18) and they get the whole offense back.

i think alcoa will beat maryville even though they do return just about everyone on defense..their offence will struggle, but only because of the OL, which i htink all the starters graduated. and at quaterback but i think Derek Hunt will start, and which he was pretty impressive. their backfield will be loaded, Ryan Tallent, Ryan Singleton, and Tank are gonna be really really good.

This may be Alcoa's year to knock off Maryville, while they're reloading thier gun. But...to all Region 3-4A opponents...BEWARE OF THE MIGHTY CHEROKEES!!

alcoa will have a great chance of beating maryville, but you alcoa fans better watchout, and not be too high, because remember, maryville always has a shot, its not like we dont have a qb, derek hunt is a pretty decent upcoming junior qb,we are loaded on defense, we have a great stack or wr,rb's,our whole team looks fairly solid

VN Store

Back