Kirkland's Tennessee football career might be finished

Dr Andrew's rehabs are specific and tough. He operated on my daughter's ACL several years ago. He'll get him back but sadly never like he was before, tough break for a seemingly great young man and player.

Man. How many guys have ended their career with football after injuries the last few years?
It has got to the point that if I was a high school prospect, I’d say “not Tennessee. I love them and I don’t believe in curses or luck. But there’s too much of a trend around there lately”.

Was Rock Gullickson incompetent too, or had the damage already been done?
The damage was already done imo, however you know how Butch micromanaged everything on the field he also did it on workouts. Rock is a great s&c coach but butch stuck his arrogant nose where it didn't belong on something once again he knew nothing about.

We just catch a freaking break!!!!!!!!!

angry-face_1f620.png

I hate it for him. He definitely had NFL talent when he got here, unfortunately these things happen. The part that sucks is that makes us thinner at linebacker. JJ Peterson not being at practice is starting to worry me. Hopefully Crouch can really pick up the defense and help this fall.

Reactions: Remy
It has got to the point that if I was a high school prospect, I’d say “not Tennessee. I love them and I don’t believe in curses or luck. But there’s too much of a trend around there lately”.

I would agree with you but you can see it’s been only the veteran players that have retired from injuries that were here in Butch Jones tenure. The team has remained pretty healthy with Pruitt. There were ridiculous numbers of injuries in 16 and 17.

Reactions: LittleVol and Remy
If they're talking about that "possibility" then I suspect that's what will happen.

Too bad. Not the only player victimized by Jones not knowing what he was doing in player development and injury management.

It’s tough to see Kirkland go out like he has. When Kirkland and Reeves-Maybin were healthy, I wouldn’t take any linebackers over them. They just swarmed the ball, played fast, and got to the sidelines like it was nothing.

Last edited:
Was Rock Gullickson incompetent too, or had the damage already been done?

Butch was insecure, so when the players came to him after the 2015 season and told him they didn't like the strength and conditioning coach because he was too much like a drill sergeant. So, instead of doing what a head coach should do in telling them to suck it up he caved to his need to be loved by his players and fired the strength staff. He then brought in a young kid who had no business training college athletes, at that point off season workouts became almost optional. Butch tried to correct the issue in 17 but it was too late, the inmates had control of the asylum. Brock was just a name, he had no control of the entitlement mentality Butch created.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Butch was insecure, so when the players came to him after the 2015 season and told him they didn't like the strength and conditioning coach because he was too much like a drill sergeant. So, instead of doing what a head coach should do in telling them to suck it up he caved to his need to be loved by his players and fired the strength staff. He then brought in a young kid who had no business training college athletes, at that point off season workouts became almost optional. Butch tried to correct the issue in 17 but it was too late, the inmates had control of the asylum. Brock was just a name, he had no control of the entitlement mentality Butch created.
Szerszen was already on staff and had been running practices. Prolly what inspired JRM and crew to stage that mutiny.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Szerszen was already on staff and had been running practices. Prolly what inspired JRM and crew to stage that mutiny.
Maybin led the mutiny? I had only heard that once before until now. Not doubting it, just had only heard it once before.

Maybin led the mutiny? I had only heard that once before until now. Not doubting it, just had only heard it once before.
It was in a War Room. More than one player, but JRM’s the only one I recall.

VN Store

Back