Kingsport eats?

scores4fun

Heading up to see some family in Kingsport. What's some of your favorite places to eat in Kingsport? TIA

It is. Not as good as Ridgewood barbeque, but it's a close 2nd
Ridgewood is so overrated. Phil’s is pretty good. I’d rather go into JC and get Firehouse or Southern Craft though

Main Street Pizza and El Loco Taco Taqueria are my favorites. I was hooked on La Carretta for decades before I was introduced to El Loco. It’a a hole in the wall, but so good

Reactions: scores4fun
chop house is best. We like guiseppe’s as well. They built a mad Greek on west stone drive if you absolutely have to have something Mediterranean.
Haven't tried Mad Greek but I've heard good things. I had my wedding reception dinner at guiseppes a couple years ago and no one was impressed. I let them know my displeasure and was given a $50 GC. We tried it again and still it was just average. I'd just about rather have Olive Garden. Pizza is pretty good though.

Haven't tried Mad Greek but I've heard good things. I had my wedding reception dinner at guiseppes a couple years ago and no one was impressed. I let them know my displeasure and was given a $50 GC. We tried it again and still it was just average. I'd just about rather have Olive Garden. Pizza is pretty good though.
When I travel back home I stay with a friend and his wife not far from Guiseppe's. I've never been overly impressed. Chop House is pretty good for a steak. There's not really much in Kingsport that stands out on it's own. I'm so glad none of y'all have recommended the Purple Cow. That place is AWFUL. I do crave Pal's now though

Same owner as Italian Pizza Pub.

There is literally no real great reataurant in Kport. Fusion is a decent Spanish Restaurant. As soon as something opens, it closes.

People go to JC to spend money, or Pinnacle.

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
Same owner as Italian Pizza Pub.

There is literally no real great reataurant in Kport. Fusion is a decent Spanish Restaurant. As soon as something opens, it closes.

People go to JC to spend money, or Pinnacle.
I know. When me and the wife get bored we watch Diners, Drive ins, and Dives, and every episode we say "damn why don't we have any awesome places like this in Kingsport" I'm 31 with some restaurant experience hell maybe I should go for it.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I know. When me and the wife get bored we watch Diners, Drive ins, and Dives, and every episode we say "damn why don't we have any awesome places like this in Kingsport" I'm 31 with some restaurant experience hell maybe I should go for it.

Good luck. The chain restaurants have such a huge following in the Tri Cites, it would be hard to break from it. But Johnson City managed to revitalize their downtown after it being the shortcut to get places for decades via microbrews and local restaurants. Might be worth a shot.

prob is all eastman people drive to johnson city. johnson city people drive to asheville.

Nothing decent to eat in Kingsport, but it has been 3 years since I spent any time there. We always went a little out of our way to Johnson City to a small Italian joint that my wife really liked. Can't remember the name but I think it was an Italian family who owned or ran it......decent wine list......

Thai Noodle Town and El Loco Taqueria are always solid. Phil’s is good, too. As mentioned, better options in JC. Or, take a trip to Asheville for exceptional dining opportunities. Oh, and The Tavern in Abingdon.

There's also a local Asian place on Broad Street called stir fry. I don't want to call it upscale, but just assume I'm not a total idiot. There are 20 chinese restuarants in town. That's not what I mean.

I admit though, after a while I wondered what sort of answers the OP really wanted.

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back