Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor, Announced as Head Coach for LSU

LOOK AT THAT!!!

here is ours......
Rick Barnes: 5 million
Kellie Harper : 700k+

Fulmer got completely played in the Barnes/UCLA saga, and it wound up with Barnes being the most overpaid men's basketball coach in the country. He's, I believe, the 4th highest paid coach in the country. Not bad for a coach that's been to one FF in his career, nearly 20 years ago in 2003. Honestly I respect Barnes a lot less after that whole situation. He had the full support of the administration and fan base, Tennessee gave him a job when Texas fired him, and still somehow he acted like he wasn't appreciated. It doesn't help that his teams haven't done a damn thing since that happened, and the prior two seasons both his teams had underperformed in the NCAAT, with the 2019 team also pissing away SEC regular season and tournament titles.

Fulmer got completely played in the Barnes/UCLA saga, and it wound up with Barnes being the most overpaid men's basketball coach in the country. He's, I believe, the 4th highest paid coach in the country. Not bad for a coach that's been to one FF in his career, nearly 20 years ago in 2003. Honestly I respect Barnes a lot less after that whole situation. He had the full support of the administration and fan base, Tennessee gave him a job when Texas fired him, and still somehow he acted like he wasn't appreciated. It doesn't help that his teams haven't done a damn thing since that happened, and the prior two seasons both his teams had underperformed in the NCAAT, with the 2019 team also pissing away SEC regular season and tournament titles.

I agree with the gist of what you say. However, I would hate to see where the program would be right now without him. If he had left, we would have probably slid back into obscurity. So, if he leaves a legacy so good that another good coach will pick up after him and run with, the money paid will have been worth it. But that's a big IF.

Why? Place the resume of both of them next to their pay. Doesn't look out of whack to me. How many National Championships does Wade have?

I didn't say it was necessarily warranted. I said Wade would lobby for a raise. We discussed this earlier in this thread or in another, but how many women's basketball coaches make more than the men's coach at their school? The only name that came up was Tara Vanderveer. And that's speculation since Stanford is a private school and is not required to release that information.

Jim

Reactions: mcannon1
I agree with the gist of what you say. However, I would hate to see where the program would be right now without him. If he had left, we would have probably slid back into obscurity. So, if he leaves a legacy so good that another good coach will pick up after him and run with, the money paid will have been worth it. But that's a big IF.

He's a S16 coach with a FF salary. (And he's only made the S16 once at UT where they choked to Purdue.)

Kim Mulkey named LSU’s head basketball coach. This may be a bit frightening for the SEC, or maybe not. Remember Gail Goestenkors run with Duke, and the not so smooth, same run with Texas? We shall see.

Kim Mulkey is new LSU women's basketball coach, leaving Baylor in blockbuster hire

Wonder what happens to the newly signed Jordan Lewis with Baylor, and all her newly signed players/existing players?
In one sense, Kim is jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan. Baylor didn't treat their women well (I hope it is fixed) and now LSU is the newest poster child for not protecting female students (it seems worse than Baylor). She is probably used to recruiting against the notion that her colleges are hostile to women. I wonder if LSU is not just hiring a good coach but also making a statement that they are not going to ignore the women's side of things?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
In one sense, Kim is jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan. Baylor didn't treat their women well (I hope it is fixed) and now LSU is the newest poster child for not protecting female students (it seems worse than Baylor). She is probably used to recruiting against the notion that her colleges are hostile to women. I wonder if LSU is not just hiring a good coach but also making a statement that they are not going to ignore the women's side of things?

I wonder has she learned to keep her mouth shut and not tell people to sock a person in the face if they are not speaking kindly of a school who is embroiled in sexual assault misconduct 🤔 helluva coach but man that was the wrong thing to say.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I wonder has she learned to keep her mouth shut and not tell people to sock a person in the face if they are not speaking kindly of a school who is embroiled in sexual assault misconduct 🤔 helluva coach but man that was the wrong thing to say.
I agree about KM's personality. I bet that the LSU sports information director is nervous. She complained this year about the NCAA moving forward despite COVID, saying it was. all about the money. Kim, you make it $2m + a year! I think LSU as as an institution tolerates controversy. It kept its men's BB coach despite him being caught on tape mentioning a recruiting "deal" and it kept him despite his refusal to talk to the LSU administration about it! Kim can pop off and get away with it. At least the FBI is not taping her!

I agree about KM's personality. I bet that the LSU sports information director is nervous. She complained this year about the NCAA moving forward despite COVID, saying it was. all about the money. Kim, you make it $2m + a year! I think LSU as as an institution tolerates controversy. It kept its men's BB coach despite him being caught on tape mentioning a recruiting "deal" and it kept him despite his refusal to talk to the LSU administration about it! Kim can pop off and get away with it. At least the FBI is not taping her!

Speaking of... This article played NO games

VN Store

Back