Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor, Announced as Head Coach for LSU

and here she goes ... lol... the title of the tweet i got this was “NO MASK KIM” ... and yes she has a lot to say and while that’s one of her best qualities sometimes she needs to learn how to say things in different way (ie anything about sexual assault victims).

Coach, FYI, when I clicked on your post to reply, it showed your final line on my slate. But that last line is not visible on your post. At least not on my screen. Something funky happening here.
I edited in the last line,,bc, without it it looked like I wanted Coach K to fail,,,and that couldn't be further from what I want for her...Yes, she made a judgement on me without meeting me and I am not cool with that,,,but as far as her success and my backing her...I am 100% in her corner.

She was my choice and is my choice to coach this team.

Uconn wouldn't find a coach to pay 500k a year. They would go out and throw 2.5 to 3 mill at a proven coach. If the LVs were able to consistently land top 5 going from Summit to Holly. I have no doubt in my mind that Uconn could do the same with their version of Holly.

UConn would not “throw 2.5 to 3 million” at a proven coach. They’ve run a deficit for several years now, and are bleeding millions of dollars annually - so much so they’ve been cutting sports to try to shore up their numbers. They’d likely either promote Dailey or bring in someone in that 750k-1.5 million range, maybe a former player turned coach with promise or an up and comer with buzz. But 2 million plus? With their expenses? I would be surprised. This isn’t like men’s basketball; the sport is rarely profitable. Short of a sure thing, I would be surprised. You’re not paying 2.5 million and getting the “next Auriemma.” You’re just paying someone commensurate with their value to run the program.

And yes, I know LSU supposedly paid KM 2.5 million, but she’s a three time national champion and LSU has that sweet SEC TV money.

Off the top of my head, Vic Schaefer and Courtney Banghart, although their programs were not in as bad shape as Holly left Tennessee. I attribute Vic's success to the fact that he's regarded as one of the elite coaches in the game, and there were recruits that likely really wanted to play for him whether in Starkville or Austin.

Notre Dame was a mess when Niele Ivey took over, but she got a nice recruiting class with two AAs in the class of '21.

A good reference will be how Kara Lawson and Shea Ralph do with their '22 and '23 recruits, as they are in similar situations as Kellie. I guess we can throw Kim Mulkey in there too.
I have to disagree with you about Courtney Banghart getting a program that was in bad shape as Kelly got when she came to Tennessee. North Carolina finished with a losing record and missed the NCAAs 3 out of last four seasons before Banghart got there. Despite the decline Holly was never finished with a losing season plus she still made the NCAAs.

and here she goes ... lol... the title of the tweet i got this was “NO MASK KIM” ... and yes she has a lot to say and while that’s one of her best qualities sometimes she needs to learn how to say things in different way (ie anything about sexual assault victims).

That's not good idea with the masks

Gail Goestenkors made it to the national title two years before moving to Texas. Her teams for a good solid 10 years were always in the top 10. Her final year before leaving for Texas, she had a 32-2 record at Duke. I’m not sure it’s fair to say Gail didn’t come into Texas on a high.

We kn that, but what happened when she got to Texas cause she had a great team at texas.

We kn that, but what happened when she got to Texas cause she had a great team at texas.
Go read my other replies. I never said Gail had a good run at Texas. I said just because you have a run with one team, doesn’t mean the results will follow you to a whole new program, hence the case with Gail Goestenkors.

Nicki left her with a signed class of six and only one is ranked in the top 100. That is a lot of scholarships for players Mulkey doesn't normally recruit. Still to be determined what the 10 returnees are going to do. I think it is going to be interesting to see what she does with that roster from now to the start of the season.

She was going to come here, but then she read some of Dark Pol's comments and decided it wasn't worth the aggravation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2

Gosh, I couldn't say to what extent Kim Mulkey was bitter, but I can definitely say that whoever wrote that article was one hundred percent bitter.

Particularly that snarky little bit about "money whipping" coaches. What does he think Athletic Directors do? What does he think coaches do? Wow, someone offered her more pay and possibly preferred incentives -- how scandalous.

I mean, seriously, that little scribe read like an op-ed from the friend of some bitter ex who just got the phone call -- wait, sorry, it's 2021 -- the text.

Gosh, I couldn't say to what extent Kim Mulkey was bitter, but I can definitely say that whoever wrote that article was one hundred percent bitter.

Particularly that snarky little bit about "money whipping" coaches. What does he think Athletic Directors do? What does he think coaches do? Wow, someone offered her more pay and possibly preferred incentives -- how scandalous.

I mean, seriously, that little scribe read like an op-ed from the friend of some bitter ex who just got the phone call -- wait, sorry, it's 2021 -- the text.
Bull****.

Just trying to get the conversation back to Mulkey going to LSU. ;)

Here's a counterpoint...
Brice Cherry: Mulkey warrants gratitude, not attitude, from Baylor fans upon departure

VN Store

Back