Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor, Announced as Head Coach for LSU

That will make for an interesting SEC season...

yup... even more interesting i am
curious as to how far Smith is academically some credits don’t transfer and she isn’t a grad transfer so i wonder would she graduate on time. Not everybody has athletes that graduate in 3 years like TN has had in the past.

Do y'all think Baylor will open the checkbook and try to tempt Dawn Staley away from South Carolina?

yup... even more interesting i am
curious as to how far Smith is academically some credits don’t transfer and she isn’t a grad transfer so i wonder would she graduate on time. Not everybody has athletes that graduate in 3 years like TN has had in the past.

Even if credits don't transfer, she could opt to play two years or just 1 year and opt to graduate at a later date. Given her WNBA stock, I wouldn't be surprised to see her leave LSU without a degree.

Do y'all think Baylor will open the checkbook and try to tempt Dawn Staley away from South Carolina?
I don't think so...Dawn takes serious pride in coaching in the SEC...of coarse, anything is possible [as this off-season has proven] but I don't see her lowering her standards, especially with the SEC getting stronger and Mulkey coming in...SEC! SEC! SEC!!

Even if credits don't transfer, she could opt to play two years or just 1 year and opt to graduate at a later date. Given her WNBA stock, I wouldn't be surprised to see her leave LSU without a degree.

I hate that! She can always finish later but for her sake i hope she has a degree in hand. Injuries are always a sad possibility

Reactions: Border Vol
Yep, I’d bet a lot of money she gets LSU back to the Final Four before Kellie gets UT there, despite being two years behind.
Yes but those two years are the years Kellie needed to acquaint herself with top recruits. Kim already is in conversations with the 22,23,and 24 players she wants. Kellie didn't have any conversations with UT quality recruits when she started.

Don't know if her decommiment is because she's pissed at Mulkey for leaving Baylor and is going elsewhere other than LSU or she's headed to LSU...🤔
I suspect that both Wagner and Maddie Cox will follow Kim to LSU.

This will put the pressure on Kellie and the staff to get it done on the court and recruiting trail.
I think Kellie's drive to win the SEC and a Natty won't be affected at all by the presence of Kim. She has the fire inside that winners have. If I were her talking to a recruit I would use the Line, "Even Kim Mulkey wants to play in the SEC!"

Honestly, it depends because Baylor could get Ole Miss right now and get a competitive game. Kim is great and she will make the SEC better if she has the same type of success. She will make the SEC better by just being in it. I just don’t know how long she sticks around she has had health scares in the past and is turning 59. That’s plenty young sure enough but it depends on her health and how long she wants to do this. Now her being home may rejuvenate her also.

Let’s be clear Kim has a mouth on her and this is NOT the Big12... Dawn and other SEC coaches will address her right back 🤣 i’m here for it!
Yes!!! I can’t wait for the press conference.

VN Store

Back