Kiffin signs new contract extension with Ole Miss

Looks a hell of a lot better than
5-7
8-5 (losses to GA State and BYU)
3-7
Guarantee Herman would never lose to some slack out of conference team other than Maryland of course haha

Dude, if a coach has ever lost a football game then Boston doesn't support him. Doesn't matter Herman beat Oklahoma with baker Mayfield in a year they went to the CFP. Doesnt matter Herman puts out top 10 offenses yearly. Doesn't matter he had 1 loss in 4yrs id 20pts or more and most are within 7pts. If he didn't win them all then he sucks.

We need a coach who can get us from 3-7 to 8-9. Pretty confident Herman can do that. He also might go to a conference title game. Win a sugar bowl. Win 10-12 games too. Has a high ceiling. But that's apparently not good enough around here.

$25 million to buy out him and his staff. For those that think we can’t afford something similar, just remember...
- Butch comes off the payroll next month
- the new TV deal will cover it outright
Don’t tell the Pruitt sunshine pumpers that...they think it’s impossible to afford

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
Dude, if a coach has ever lost a football game then Boston doesn't support him. Doesn't matter Herman beat Oklahoma with baker Mayfield in a year they went to the CFP. Doesnt matter Herman puts out top 10 offenses yearly. Doesn't matter he had 1 loss in 4yrs id 20pts or more and most are within 7pts. If he didn't win them all then he sucks.

We need a coach who can get us from 3-7 to 8-9. Pretty confident Herman can do that. He also might go to a conference title game. Win a sugar bowl. Win 10-12 games too. Has a high ceiling. But that's apparently not good enough around here.

I was joking about his history with Maryland. Gus or Herman can come here on the cheap and be a massive upgrade over the **** fest we have now.

Reactions: Birdie
Looking at Sarkisian 's previous head coaching record how is he a step up from Herman?

Tom Herman and Gus Malzahn. Two recently fired coaches that would be better in Knoxville than the head coach we currently have.

We could name 20 coaches who would be better than the one we have now. One of them will be coaching at Ark State next year.

Reactions: DonjoVol
Tom Herman is literally the football version of Rick Barnes. Under appreciated, offensive mind that got canned for not living up to Texas’ unrealistic expectations. Go get him Phil!

There are some big money people who still love Kiffin, the Haslam family is one
If you put Fulmer, Anderson, Thornton and Haslam in a room together one of the few things they would agree upon would be they would rather piss on Kiffin than ever give him another penny. Haslam is largely responsible for Kiffin getting the job the first time and he burned him on the way out.

Texas is not a top 2-3 program, and I’m shocked, with all you younger guys on the board, where is your tolerance and love at? I’ve seen nothing but visceral hate because the guy is a recovering alcoholic, there isn’t a was when it comes to alcoholism. So, he doesn’t deserve a second chance? And go look at his record at USC when he was forced out, or Washington’s record before he went there. The guy can coach.

Would anyone really even want the Lane Kiffin that was again willing to ditch a job after one year?

If he didn’t win them all? How about not losing at home to teams like TCU and Iowa State in year 4? And I stand by my belief that just because you win 8 games a year at a place with the resources like Texas possesses, doesn’t mean you can replicate that at a school that plays in a tougher conference and has less resources than Texas.

Probably because they’ve seen Sark crash at USC and Washington.
Sark did good enough at Washington to get hired at USC and he hit bottom and got himself off the mat and done a good job and has earned his way back to be a head coach at a top 10 historical program. Head coach at USC and now Texas.

And a few VN fools weep
I don't know about wept - but he earned a lot of streat cred based on Ole Miss performance this season. I forget - who was it you were advocated to be coaching again? Pruitt, Fulmer, Cutcliff, Rockney. the General?

I thought Ole Miss would be dog crap this season and they played really well, gave Alabama a decent game - so I respect what he accomplished is season 1. I think he also recruited at least one of our better recruits away from us late in the process so
there's that.

VN Store

Back