Kiffin signs new contract extension with Ole Miss

What I'm most impressed at is the speed of how everything went down. No coaching search dragging out like what Tennessee does. They got their guy immediately and swiftly.

After only 1 year. If he bombs next year will their ad be an idiot?
NO, that is only the rule at UT.

Vols have the only fanbase that hates everything from the boosters and AD all the way to the team's play by play announcer.

Before someone jumps in with Barnes or Vitello, just wait until they don't live up to fans' expectations; the 180 will make your head spin.

Hey UT Chancellor, Board Members, Boosters, Fulmer and likes. Look what our Lil Bro Texas has done. They took UT brand. They almost have our colors. And now they're showing us how bad they want to get back to being perennial powerhouse. Get a pad and take some notes.

When Tennessee is willing to dump $40 million on a new coach, we might be relevant again. Until that time, we have a developmental HC.

16-19..: vs 32-18... conference championship appearance.. yeah I would consider that successful at tennessee right now
First, no one is saying that he’s not better than Pruitt, that’s not the question at hand. Secondly, 32-18 in the B12 doesn’t exactly translate to competing for sec titles.

They go 4 and 5 and he hasn't done anything except coach what they had left over. Looks like that program will be on the rise real soon.

Texas is now the real UT. Dang
Because throwing a temper tantrum and rolling the dice on another coaching change has worked so well for them the last 10 years.

I get wanting to see change. But how many times do you have to see crappy administrations and booster meddling do the same thing over and over again?

I'm married to a Longhorn fan. She's underwhelmed.....
It doesn’t seem like good hire to me. I mean I get the frustration with Herman, but if you go and read up on Sark’s tenures at Washington and USC, they weren’t overly impressive either. 34-29 at Washington and then fired after a 9 win season at USC because he’s an openly admitted alcoholic. Screams spur of the moment, dumb decision by Texas AD.

I would take Mike Yurcich as OC in a heartbeat!

No one with realistic options would come here. Until our incompetent coach and his EVEN MORE incompetent boss are gone, our next staff members will be coming from Troy, Jacksonville State or North Alabama. Or like someone said yesterday, the guest list from Pruitts wedding.

Reactions: onevol74
Hey UT Chancellor, Board Members, Boosters, Fulmer and likes. Look what our Lil Bro Texas has done. They took UT brand. They almost have our colors. And now they're showing us how bad they want to get back to being perennial powerhouse. Get off your a$$ and do something.

FYP

Reactions: vmivol00
This is so frustrating to watch other ADs make good moves while we sit on our hands... again. Name a more incompetent administration than our own. THIS is why we are in a pit.

We are holding onto a guy that was a desperation hire on absolutely nobody’s short list, who lost to BYU and Georgia State, went 3-7 in all blowouts to less talented teams, and was caught cheating on top of it all. YET, we give him a 4th year. I HATE Tennessee football right now

Not an upgrade for Texas. Sark is mediocre, just ask Washington and USC fans. But good for Herman to get out of Austin. That place might just be a bit more delusional than us.

If you think getting alignment with our main boosters is an issue, that's nothing compared to Texas where boosters want to feel involved (and there's a lot of them)...Then they hired an AD in del Conte that ran an athletic dept at TCU where certain boosters had crazy access to Patterson.

So Texas will fire a guy who has gone 32-18, played for a conference title, won four bowls in four years, including a Sugar Bowl but we cannot move on from a guy that has gone 16-19 and has one lucky comeback bowl win? This complacency is why our program is where it is at right now.
And it will continue to be this way until the old guard is gone

Fulmer will bury this program

Hey UT Chancellor, Board Members, Boosters, Fulmer and likes. Look what our Lil Bro Texas has done. They took UT brand. They almost have our colors. And now they're showing us how bad they want to get back to being perennial powerhouse. Get a pad and take some notes.
Thats a move that sets a program back, they made a move just to make a move. They are getting a lesser coach. They will be doing this again in 3-4 years.

Sark has his deamons, he flamed out badly at Washington and Southern Cal as head coach, being non competitive against the upper tier teams in the PAC-12, followed the Kiffin dismissal at USC, Saban's repair and career rehab shop will get big kudos if the Sark thing works out at Texas, i wouldn't bet anything on it though, Hermann was more of a sure thing moving up from Houston, but Texas has money to burn and their trash is our treasure, just ask Rickey Barnes, although our nickman should remind everyone in Texas why they are not part of Mexico right now.

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back