Kiffin says Chaney is a grand slam hire

Lane kiffin probably thought that he was a grand slam hire for the Vols

He wasn't

I remember being with a friend of mine drinking beer at a Tilted Kilt a few days after Kiffin was hired. I told him we’d be national champs in 3-4 years. I still think we would have if he’d have stayed. Of course JMO.

Very well could have happened but I don’t think the maturity level was there yet. The guy is talented but I don’t know if he has the discipline to be elite. In coaching it seems the people that show extreme discipline and work ethic achieve sustained success. Intelligence is only part of the equation. His arrogance early in his career was to his detriment. Maybe later in his career, experience will humble him but I doubt the discipline or work ethic will ever be there to achieve the greatness we want at TN. JMO.

Reactions: livefaith
here ya go WD....suffer

layla-kiffin_88154.jpeg

The coldest recorded September day in Knoxville ever .

The hate some of you have for CLK is ridiculous.

You can't tell me that if you weren't in his shoes as a HC at a really great school in P5 conference that after one year there and the Tennessee job came open and they called to offer you the job you wouldn't tell your current school... "See ya later, I'm gone"?

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Say what you want about Lane, but he knows offense and I believe we will realize he is right about Chaney!

Kiffin is a good offensive coordinator. He has flopped miserably at being a head coach 3 times - twice being fired on the tarmac in California (more or less) and once leaving a great job in the depth of the night leaving behind a recruiting class of thugs and NCAA issues. I am sure he misses being around the NFL or major college football but no AD in his right man would hire him to run a program - an insane risk. He has matured as anyone still living does but he is in the right spot at FAU on the fringes of Division 1 football. I know he expected some major school to hire him by now but his past season was really poor and he will need to pick up his pace to keep the job at FAU. Lane apparently still has some masochistic fans on this message board who associate their teenage years with him or something - tough to figure out.

VN Store

Back