Kiffin Is Better Than Tucker, Pittman And Aranda

Aranda is 14-9. You can keep coming here to our board to keep deluding yourself in thinking Baylor matters. But they simply don’t.

Aranda 21, Kiffin 7

Reading comprehension must escape your abilities. I'm not on the Tennessee Football board, I'm on the Around The NCAA board. RIF my friend...RIF!

Last edited:
The thing about Lane is that I'm not sure he's built to last anywhere, and I'm not sure he actually wants to stay anywhere for any considerable length of time. He seems like a short attention span, impatient, "I bet things are better over there" kind of guy. Bolts for USC in the middle of the night. Things didn't work out at USC after some initial hope (sanctions had a lot to do with that). He even wore out his welcome with Saban as Alabama OC.

It'll be interesting to see how he does without Corral and Lebby this upcoming season. I don't think Ole Miss would ever fire him unless they were truly awful for multiple seasons, but it wouldn't shock me if his best days at Ole Miss were behind him already. His 2022 recruiting class was not great, which is surprising considering the great season he's coming off of. He exists in an absolute gauntlet of a division that can make decent teams look bad.

Read a bit of his post history and you'll see he's more than a bit obnoxious. I'm guessing that's the reason people jumped on him so fast.
He's such a great coach that he ran Tajh Boyd and Bryce Petty out of Knoxville. Has he ever recruited a good QB without the help of Pete Carroll or Nick Saban?

Last edited:
Lane is a front runner. When things get tough he bails out or gets fired on the tarmac. Sure he may be older and wiser now - but I would not hire him at the D-1 level. He has envy of every other program irregardless of the opportunities ADs have given him and will get eaten up in the SEC West.

Reactions: BUBear
He's such a great coach that he ran Tajh Boyd and Bryce Petty out of Knoxville. Has he ever recruited a good QB without the help of Pete Carroll or Nick Saban?
I would like to have seen what Lane would’ve done with Tyler Bray. But he left , so there’s that.

Bottom line - it is kind of crazy to give Lane the keys to a major program given his track record and disposition. He is a fantastic OC, although I would only bring him in as OC under a strong HC whose authority was unquestioned (like Saban). If you brought him in under a less established or laid-back HC, he'd have the team split in two within a year. Kind of like Pruitt at UGA under Richt.

Reactions: Volatility and tbh
Finebaum was quoted saying Kiffin was the most underrated head coach in college ball.
Think about that.
I generally take the opposite side in any Finebaum opinion out of principle.
I am confident that doing so in this case is justified.

I would like to have seen what Lane would’ve done with Tyler Bray. But he left , so there’s that.

Bray would have been even more insufferable than he already was. Lane would have fed into his cocky attitude even more.

Would have put up some big stats though.

Bray would have been even more insufferable than he already was. Lane would have fed into his cocky attitude even more.

Would have put up some big stats though.
Bray was going to be arrogant no matter who the coach was. I think he would’ve bought in more with Kiffin and would’ve been more of a team guy than he was with Dooley. Some of the stuff he pulled on the sideline was pathetic.

Reactions: Carp

VN Store

Back