Kiffin and Oregon job vacancy🤔

Kiffin >>> Kelly … let’s be honest here . The whole world has figured out how to beat his offense . He hasn’t looked special in over 8 year . Eagles he looked lost . UCLA he looks slightly better then mediocre

Kiffin >>> Kelly … let’s be honest here . The whole world has figured out how to beat his offense . He hasn’t looked special in over 8 year . Eagles he looked lost . UCLA he looks slightly better then mediocre
Kiffin has had one good year in his life, thanks to a preseason Heisman candidate who didn’t even make the stage at the end of the season. Chip Kelly self made a nobody into a playoff contender. I realize that there are a lot of people enamored with the Lane train, but let’s not embarrass ourselves in public.

Reactions: igotworms
Kiffin has had one good year in his life, thanks to a preseason Heisman candidate who didn’t even make the stage at the end of the season. Chip Kelly self made a nobody into a playoff contender. I realize that there are a lot of people enamored with the Lane train, but let’s not embarrass ourselves in public.

Chip Kelly has never contended for a playoff as a college coach.

Once again, Chip Kelly has never contended for or played in a playoff as a college coach as you said.
I realize that you are working hard to split hairs here in order to conceal your idiocy, but he played for the strap. It remains to be be seen if Kiffin can do that, since he has failed to do so in 10 or so years as a head coach. I understand how much that must eat at you, but it’s a fact.

Once again, Chip Kelly has never contended for or played in a playoff as a college coach as you said.
Nobody expected him to yet. UCLA rebuild has taken him longer than expected but you can’t hold that against him as he left for the NFL before they began the playoffs.

Promote Glenn Schumann to DC. Maybe elevate Muschamp to Co-DC.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Muschump tries to get another HC gig with all the $ flowing around. My primary point is Kirby hasn’t had to face any adversity on his teams or coaching staff, and turnover of both! He’s already proven he can’t coach from behind!

Nobody expected him to yet. UCLA rebuild has taken him longer than expected but you can’t hold that against him as he left for the NFL before they began the playoffs.

I’m not holding anything against him. I’m just pointing out that he has never contended for a playoff spot even though ole boy said he has.

I realize that you are working hard to split hairs here in order to conceal your idiocy, but he played for the strap. It remains to be be seen if Kiffin can do that, since he has failed to do so in 10 or so years as a head coach. I understand how much that must eat at you, but it’s a fact.

For some reason, you want to die on a hill that Kelly has been a playoff contender. Not sure why.

For some reason, you want to die on a hill that Kelly has been a playoff contender. Not sure why.
Alright, I’ll clarify. He has played for a National championship. Not sure why that you want to die on a hill that he hasn’t.

Last edited:
Alright, I’ll clarify. He has played for a National championship. Not sure why that you want to die on a hill that he hasn’t.

There’s a difference. I never said he hasn’t played for a Natty. You however said he has produced playoff contending teams…..

There’s a difference. I never said he hasn’t played for a Natty. You however said he has produced playoff contending teams…..
Geez man, well if you want to waste all this time over semantics, let me also make that argument. Oregon went to the first ever college football playoff. I would argue that Chip Kelly built that team, even though he was in the NFL at the time due to his success building a playoff caliber program at Oregon. Even though Mark Helfrich was the coach during that playoff series, I don’t think anybody credits him with building that team, since he was fired shortly after and hasn’t coached since.

Pretty telling that Kiffin did not get any offers considering the number of big time openings this off season, even after such a successful season. It's almost like no big time program wants to have to deal with his immaturity and shenanigans.

Reactions: knox73
Kiffin now has to settle down and try to build a program at Ole Miss. He inherited some SEC level talent and has used it up. Fans enjoy Lane's Spurrier-like qualities for entertainment but AD's want no part of tying their fate to Kiffin for a host of reasons. He needs to bring Tee Martin in as a recruiter and get serious about the job he has for the first time. The Miami job would have been a good fit for Kiff but he did not get a sniff as was true for other major openings in 2021. The SEC West will bury Ole Miss the next 2 seasons, so FAU may be back in Lane's future at some point.

[QUOTE="beachvol23, post: 20657622, member: 19368"]I wouldn’t be surprised if Muschump tries to get another HC gig with all the $ flowing around. My primary point is Kirby hasn’t had to face any adversity on his teams or coaching staff, and turnover of both! He’s already proven he can’t coach from behind![/QUOTE]
Nobody is going to give that 2 time loser another shot at being a head coach...I would question the intelligence of said institution if they did.

I understand the hate for Kiffin but let’s be honest . He is a top 5 offensive minded coach and is better then most of the people who got hired this year . I’m absolutely stunned Oregon picked Lanning over Kiffin . They will regret that in 3 years when USC is number 1 in the PAC 12 and losing playoff games year after year .

U can say what u want about Kiffin but he is a great recruiter and is one of the best qb coaches around

VN Store

Back