Kickoff Chant/Cheer *Official Off-Season Thread*

I've actually thought about how great it would be for the entire stadium to do something during the game that is triggered by something that happens in the game. All of these great responses are the very reason that all I did was think about it. GO VOLS!

When I’m fortunate enough to attend a game and I’m getting loud I use the word hey.
So for kickoff I will get loud with “Heeeeeeey.”, before the kick, then “ooomph”, right after or during the kick and then, “Tennessee!”. My brothers and I do this at home and away games.
I also yell “muff” when we punt and they are fielding the punt. Seems like the student section would be open to yelling “muff!”.

For the record, I do “woooo” often.

Sounds good, I’ll do it with you from my recliner. Piss on going to games anymore. Football fans have become out of control morons and it’s not worth the headaches.

How bout we all just yell out an F-You to the opposing team you

F-You Bama,
F-You Georgia,
F-You Florida,

eh you get the point....

Just sayin, your suggestion probably sounded way better in your head than it actually came across. The "let's do this cheer" has yet to work on VN.

Couldn't agree more.

I've always thought a simple "Go Vols" would be great to hear on each 1st and 10, which would be in similar fashion to Alabama's "role tide" (I had that thought when I attended a game at BD, and that was well before BJ tried the stupid clap three times crap).

Anyway, much in the same way attempts to bring back the shakers to more than just the student sections have died (the shakers were all the rage throughout Neyland in the 90's), I know that getting the fans in the stands to collectively chant anything except "f* you Florida" is a tall order.

Honestly, I've always wanted this to happen. Ignore the haters. I think our fans would do it. The real question is... whats the chant? It cant be generic like every other chant. It would have to be unique like everything Tennessee football.

Just chanting Go Vols Go is lame. A deep, resounding "Ro - cky Top, Hoo" is much better. But it has to sound like the front line of a Spartan battalion... not a bunch of woo girls. Like a brigade of mountaineering Volunteers coming out of the woods to kill you.

There's my lame idea. Flame away.

Reactions: 37620VOL
I don't know about a kickoff chant, but I thought it was crazy we didn't have a 1st and 10 deal. Bama has their crappy one....but we could have a great one.

The good guys get a first down.... The announcer starts "That's a first and..."
The crowd screams "TEN-NE-SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

I don't know. It might be hokey, but would be something easy to teach and get started I think.

Me reading the suggestions in this thread:
giphy.gif

Hey, kick returner! The ball's in the air. Yes, sire, way up there. If you catch it you're not going anywhere.
-WoodsmanVol-

This is a bit off topic but, I think about it after every game I go to...

Game day at Neyland 100,000+ strong is one of the the most incredible experiences I have ever been a part of. After all the partying, anticipation, and excitement, the crowd comes to a fever pitch right before the ball is kick and every Vols fan joins in with a collective grunt... It's pretty anti-climactic...
UGA has their thing, Bama does, UK does too. We can do better VolNation..

Here's my suggestion:
(Channeling the NY Jets)
GOOOOOOOOOO (KICK) VOLS! V-O-L-S, GO VOLS GO!

Please, Let’s make this (or something) happen!

P.S. No this is not a Butch Jones lurker account.

We REALLY REALLY need something at the end of the 3rd quarter. It’s embarrassing to sit there and watch other fan bases do it in our own stadium!!

Reactions: jaydhugs
I like it!

I’d be cool for Pruitt to put him mark on the program by adding a tradition under his regime.

I like it!

I’d be cool for Pruitt to put him mark on the program by adding a tradition under his regime.
How about going the Boise State route and paint the entire field ORANGE (or even checkerboard).
Just so you'll know........... I can't even watch Boise State home games

VN Store

Back