Kevin Burnett Underwent Hip Surgery

TroyCG

Does anyone know anything more about this?

<<< Burnett undergoes hip surgery
Second-round pick is expected to be ready for training camp

12:51 AM CDT on Wednesday, May 18, 2005

By TODD ARCHER / Dallas Morning News

IRVING – The Cowboys knew Chris Canty, a fourth-round draft pick, was going to have a second eye surgery to help repair a detached retina this week. But they were unaware fellow rookie Kevin Burnett would have hip surgery.

Burnett, a linebacker, showed up for the team&#39;s off-season conditioning program on crutches Monday. According to sources, he had right hip surgery recently. Burnett will not take part in the on-field session scheduled for May 27-29, but he is expected to be ready for training camp in late July.

Burnett did not miss any portion of the minicamp and did not report soreness, although he did sport two large ice bags on his knees. Burnett tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in 2002 while at Tennessee, but he played his final two seasons.

With the team expected to use a 3-4 defense some or all of next season, Burnett has a chance to compete for the strongside starting spot with veteran Al Singleton. >>>

Originally posted by TroyCG@May 18, 2005 2:08 PM
Does anyone know anything more about this?

<<<  Burnett undergoes hip surgery
Second-round pick is expected to be ready for training camp

12:51 AM CDT on Wednesday, May 18, 2005

By TODD ARCHER / Dallas Morning News
IRVING &#8211; The Cowboys knew Chris Canty, a fourth-round draft pick, was going to have a second eye surgery to help repair a detached retina this week. But they were unaware fellow rookie Kevin Burnett would have hip surgery.

Burnett, a linebacker, showed up for the team&#39;s off-season conditioning program on crutches Monday. According to sources, he had right hip surgery recently. Burnett will not take part in the on-field session scheduled for May 27-29, but he is expected to be ready for training camp in late July.

Burnett did not miss any portion of the minicamp and did not report soreness, although he did sport two large ice bags on his knees. Burnett tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in 2002 while at Tennessee, but he played his final two seasons.

With the team expected to use a 3-4 defense some or all of next season, Burnett has a chance to compete for the strongside starting spot with veteran Al Singleton.  >>>
[snapback]95771[/snapback]​
It&#39;s news to me.

Same here&#33; If it was a pre-existing injury wouldnt it have been found in the combines?

You&#39;d have to think it&#39;s nothing to serious. I hope he&#39;s ready for camp in the summer&#33;

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@May 18, 2005 3:36 PM
Same here&#33;  If it was a pre-existing injury wouldnt it have been found in the combines?

You&#39;d have to think it&#39;s nothing to serious. I hope he&#39;s ready for camp in the summer&#33;
[snapback]95823[/snapback]​

I hope he is O.K. I love seeing UT guys lay hits in the pros

VN Store

Back