Kentucky

BigOrangeAl 1979

Has Kentucky now passed us in football? I think it’s a legitimate question to ask at the moment. They have a more stable program and coach and are now recruiting better. They have made 5 straight bowl appearances and have a 2-2 record against us since 2017 along with blowing us out in Neyland last season 34-7. They will also be probaly favored in this years game in Lexington. What are y’all’s thoughts is Kentucky a more attractive football program now and going forward?

No. I know some just look for more puddles to wallow their misery in... but you are seeing pretty much the peak potential of UK football and one of the lowest ebbs in UT football. Even then... UK is 2-2 vs UT over a 4 year period.

UT has a better recruiting position and dedicates FAR more resources to football. UK has virtually no instate recruiting. UT has at least some and has much better proximity to ATL, Charlotte, MS, et al.

At Bama's low ebb... UT dominated them. But that isn't the historical norm. We could not have expected it to last. Same with UK and UT.

Has Kentucky now passed us in football? I think it’s a legitimate question to ask at the moment. They have a more stable program and coach and are now recruiting better. They have made 5 straight bowl appearances and have a 2-2 record against us since 2017 along with blowing us out in Neyland last season 34-7. They will also be probaly favored in this years game in Lexington. What are y’all’s thoughts is Kentucky a more attractive football program now and going forward?
Of course not, that's stupid. Are we a more attractive basketball program then them. I mean we beat them as much or more since Barnes was hired, right?
But we have never been to a final four and they have multiple banners. Just like Kentucky has never mon anything in football and we have multiple rings.
They may occasionally have better TEAMS than Tennessee, but will never be a better PROGRAM.

If Pruitt didn’t have a hard on for JG, we probably would have beat them last year with a different QB.
This is true and I hate to say it . It’s rare that 1 guy can be responsible for losing a game that has 22 people be on the field at the same time, but that’s what happened.

Last edited:
5643b33c844ca1226b98d44c823cb30b.jpg

If Pruitt didn’t have a hard on for JG, we probably would have beat them last year with a different QB.

I hate piling on, but so freaking true. As I and others have repeatedly posted, with "decent" QB play last year, we go 7-3, 8-2 and everybody, even the negaVols, are looking forward to this season with great anticipation of a possible East Championship.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
This is true and I hate to say it . It’s rare that 1 guy can be responsible for losing a game that has 22 people to be on the field at the same time, but that’s what happened.

I'm not sure I have ever seen a QB throw pick-6s on consecutive passes. And we kept trotting him out there.

Pruitt is an absolute moron who has backed his way into a fortune. A huge indictment of the 'economics' of college football salaries.

Don’t be prisoner of the moment (even if the moment is a few years or so). Tennessee is TOP 10 ALL TIME in WINS and DRAFT PICKS.

Kentucky FB is nowhere near Tennessee Football.

Kentucky has not surpassed UT football in spite of us being relatively horrendous for a decade and a half, but no one except yourself and a hand full of other posters on this board put any stock in wins and records from the first half of the 20th century, pre-integration.

Cal is a glorified recruiter who somehow turned it into a HC job. If there was a T10 of coaches that pssed away talent h would lead the pack by 3-4 miles.

If he cant beat Tennessee and or get Kentucky another title he'll be fired.

He’ll leave on his own before their University ever fires him.

I can see Brad Stevens taking over for them in the future.

KY had a great team in 1977. Since then, KY has finished in the top 25 exactly twice. We've done that in the last 10 years even with all the problems.

But it seems like ever since the two-year run they had in the 70s people keep thinking they are getting ready to turn the corner. Talk to me after another 20 years of what TN did last year and you may have something.

no, don't be ridiculous

VN Store

Back