Kentucky

Has Kentucky now passed us in football? I think it’s a legitimate question to ask at the moment. They have a more stable program and coach and are now recruiting better. They have made 5 straight bowl appearances and have a 2-2 record against us since 2017 along with blowing us out in Neyland last season 34-7. They will also be probaly favored in this years game in Lexington. What are y’all’s thoughts is Kentucky a more attractive football program now and going forward?

For the moment, probably....

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
For the moment, probably....
. I agree completely with this at the moment yes they are the better program with good stability in their team and head coach, something we haven’t had since Fulmer was coach. They also aren’t staring down the barrel of ncaa probation and scholarship reductions. They are trending upward and we clearly aren’t at the moment. Now can this change? sure it can but right now on June 2, 2021 Kentucky is clearly a better and more healthier football program than UT. It sucks to say it but it’s the truth.

. I agree completely with this at the moment yes they are the better program with good stability in their team and head coach, something we haven’t had since Fulmer was coach. They also aren’t staring down the barrel of ncaa probation and scholarship reductions. They are treading upward and we clearly aren’t at the moment. Now can this change? sure it can but right now on June 2, 2021 Kentucky is clearly a better and more healthier football program than UT. It sucks to say it but it’s the truth.

Horrible trolling

If we lose to Kentucky which is a decent possibility this year in back to back seasons which hasn’t happened in 40 plus years alot of fans on here will be calling for Josh’s head and to be fired.

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
Ok, we’re 18-3 against UK since 2000.

Better?
We are currently though trending to lose about 3 or 4 straight to them. Gotta live in the moment! after a 26 game win streak against them they have notched 3 wins against us since 2011 and suddenly this isn’t a gimme conference win for us anymore and neither is Vandy sadly.

We are currently though trending to lose about 3 or 4 straight to them. Gotta live in the moment! after a 26 game win streak against them they have notched 3 wins against us since 2011 and suddenly this isn’t a gimme conference win for us anymore and neither is Vandy sadly.

200w.gif

We are still a power house...still a power house.........

Stoops has only had 4 winning seasons at Kentucky in 8 years. He's only had 1 season with a winning SEC record. Why are you so convinced that he's going to rattle off 3-4 wins over UT?

More often than not, Kentucky finds a way to 'Kentucky'.

Last edited:
Has Kentucky now passed us in football? I think it’s a legitimate question to ask at the moment. They have a more stable program and coach and are now recruiting better. They have made 5 straight bowl appearances and have a 2-2 record against us since 2017 along with blowing us out in Neyland last season 34-7. They will also be probaly favored in this years game in Lexington. What are y’all’s thoughts is Kentucky a more attractive football program now and going forward?
How many pic sixes did JG gift wrap KY?

Kentucky has not surpassed UT football in spite of us being relatively horrendous for a decade and a half, but no one except yourself and a hand full of other posters on this board put any stock in wins and records from the first half of the 20th century, pre-integration.
You must have missed our HC press conference yesterday. Apparently, he buys into the tradition of UT football, too. It’s very easy to skew data. I tend to take a more holistic approach.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
They beat us once and we had to score for them a few times just for that miracle to happen.

Reactions: volfaninky
You must have missed our HC press conference yesterday. Apparently, he buys into the tradition of UT football, too. It’s very easy to skew data. I tend to take a more holistic approach.

Heupel can talk tradition up in a press conference all he wants, and it's still not going to make a single top recruit care about UT only losing a single game from 1927-1932.

If that helps you sleep at night during the seasons were we suck, that's fine, but winning a bunch of games even 20 years ago is not bringing in a single recruit if Heupel doesn't notch up more wins than losses in the next few seasons.

Yeah.
Of course they are!
They've won 3 out of the past 30 contests against UT.

UT will never have a better QB than Jarrett Gaurantano. And he could only go .500 against them.

Even when we beat them 28-7 this season they will still be the better program.

Lol, their stadium is named after a grocery store and they can't even sell out 60,000 seats on a good day. I'mma go with no.

Heupel can talk tradition up in a press conference all he wants, and it's still not going to make a single top recruit care about UT only losing a single game from 1927-1932.

If that helps you sleep at night during the seasons were we suck, that's fine, but winning a bunch of games even 20 years ago is not bringing in a single recruit if Heupel doesn't notch up more wins than losses in the next few seasons.
I think the brand is still relevant today despite a horrible stretch because of the tradition and history. It’s not like recruits are coming here to play in front of 10,000 people for a program with no national recognition. 1 year of excellence at Tennessee can quickly wipe out a decade and a half of terrible embarrassment and restore UT to prominence, and that is because of the brand and tradition of winning that has been built.

I think the brand is still relevant today despite a horrible stretch because of the tradition and history. It’s not like recruits are coming here to play in front of 10,000 people for a program with no national recognition. 1 year of excellence at Tennessee can quickly wipe out a decade and a half of terrible embarrassment and restore UT to prominence, and that is because of the brand and tradition of winning that has been built.

The brand, in its current state, is relevant inside the boundaries of Tennessee's state lines, and that about as far as "tradition" is going to carry it. You see as many or more Florida/Alabama/Georgia and even Clemson stickers on Tennessee tagged cars outside of Knoxville proper these days.

You can talk " winning tradition" till you are blue in the face and trot out records from 70+ years ago all you want, and it still won't amount to anything in terms of whether or not we are relevant today. Winning is the only path to to even a modicum of relevancy in modern CFB.

Last edited:
this is a thread?

Two, but our defense played pretty crappy too. Pruitt should’ve been done with JG for good after that second pick 6. Our defense couldn’t stop their RB Rodriguez
Probably just said f it after that shatshow on offense.

Tennessee passed Kentucky going down. Kentucky beats no one of significance. They beat the sorry ass SC, Vandy, Miss St, Ark, and yes Tennessee’s. They’re too stupid to realize they’re still insignificant.

VN Store

Back