Kentucky Meltdown

I dont think it was a meltdown. Bowden was clearly not the same after tweeking his ankle. He really didnt carry that much afterwards. So at that point they were less than 1 dimensional. Rodriguez ran hard but he was ALL they had in the second half. Priutt and Ansely made some good adjustments too.

The meltdown I refer to is the fans.

To be fair

Kentucky needs those shiny helmets.

When you will never win a national championship.
When you will never win the sec.
When you will never win just the sec east.
When you can only manage 2 wins (against Tennessee) out of more than a decade of Tennessee being “not good.”
When you got NOTHING

You got to show recruits something.......so you break out the shiny helmets.

These announcers tried to push the "rivalry" aspect of this game to the max. Granted they acknowledged that we have owned the rivalry but for ESPN to run that scroll saying "Vols 1st win in Lexington since 2015" was the most lame attempt at trying to make a rivalry more than what it is I've ever seen in my life. So...they are playing up the fact we were on a 1 game losing streak in Lexington? Just so dumb and ridiculous.

Last edited:
When we started 0-2 and looked utterly unlike a Div 1 team, I predicted 2 wins, minimum, Chattanooga and Kentucky. That's how great the failing was of Derek Dooley to lose the streak against them and even in the wreckage of Butch it was still ridiculous to lose to them. They've only beaten us by double digits 11 times in 126 years and 6 of them were before 1920. To put that in comparison, in our worst stretch of football in program history, 2000-current, we've beaten them by double digits 12 times.

Here's a great post of theirs commenting about our goal line stand near the end of the 4th qt after they already had over 3 hundred rushing yards against us.

Ball was at the 4, moved to the two. Had two plays to get 2 yards. No doubt in my mind they wouldn’t be able to do it.​
7 Today at 1:25 AM

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-10-03-26-28.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-10-03-26-28.png
    136 KB · Views: 143
These announcers tried to push the "rivalry" aspect of this game to the max. Granted they acknowledged that we have owned the rivalry but for ESPN to run that scroll saying "Vols 1st win in Lexington since 2015" was the most lame attempt at trying to make a rivalry more than what it is I've ever seen in my life. So...they are playing up the fact we were on a 1 game losing streak in Lexington? Just so dumb and ridiculous.
Member when the Vols had a losing streak against every team in the SEC? ESPN made sure you did. 😎

It is so dang sweet to see my in the fetal position! It just kills them to get beat by Tennessee... again!! They thought they were gonna put 50 on us!!!

As bad as we have been vs. FL and Bama , it's nowhere close to Kentucky's record vs. Tennessee. They have only beaten Tennessee 2-3 times while most people on this board have even been alive.
Kentucky is 2-7 vs Us the last 9

We’re 1-14 vs Florida the last 15

We’re 1-14 vs Alabama the last 15

So, I get what you’re saying historically since Tennessee is 81-25 with a few ties vs Kentucky all-time. But in recent years, Kentucky has had more success vs Us than we’ve had vs Florida and Alabama.

Either way, Tennessee is to Florida and Alabama what Kentucky is to Tennessee.

Reactions: 99grad
That was a tough Kentucky team. Probably the toughest group I’ve ever seen in my lifetime. If that QB could throw the ball with any accuracy, they would have won that game. Stoops is doing a pretty good job there.
I still think the 1984 Kentucky team was the best UK team that I can remember

Kentucky is 2-7 vs Us the last 9

We’re 1-14 vs Florida the last 15

We’re 0-13 vs Alabama the last 13

So, I get what you’re saying historically since Tennessee is 81-25 with a few ties vs Kentucky all-time. But in recent years, Kentucky has had more success vs Us than we’ve had vs Florida and Alabama.

Either way, Tennessee is to Florida and Alabama what Kentucky is to Tennessee.
I think the "while most people on this board have been alive" is a bit longer than 9-15 years. Hopefully anyway. :)

Kentucky is 2-7 vs Tennessee in the last 9, but also 2-33 in the last 35.

VN Store

Back