Kentucky lost again

Was shooting the sh&t with a Kentucky buddy of mine last night and found out something pretty interesting. Kentucky has only had 1 losing season in it's history, pretty wild. When we started discussing this years team, he made a good point about Cal. Basically that he feels he can add a bunch of 5 stars every season and thinks they'll just gel, said he's a mediocre coach thats a great recruiter.

I still gave him sh&t and made fun of them because they'll probably go to the Final 4 next year

Actually 13, but only one since the 1920s. There were a couple of .500s.

Yeah, I was pretty sure that wasn't the case. Thanks for the verification.

It is still pretty amazing. The one modern day losing season was after the huge 80s scandal with the cash falling out of an overnight package (which by today’s standard is a nothing burger).

I might check out a few of the other blue bloods.

It is still pretty amazing. The one modern day losing season was after the huge 80s scandal with the cash falling out of an overnight package (which by today’s standard is a nothing burger).

I might check out a few of the other blue bloods.
The last Duke losing season was in Coach K's 2nd season in 1981-1982 when Duke went 10-17.

We can't beat Ole Miss they are waaaay toooo athletic & aggressive
I really thought that would be how teams would view us based on the early season. And that was before we saw what Springer and KJ could bring to the table. Thought we'd be demons defensively and smaller/more athletic that most teams. What I failed to realize was that when that style of play got combined with the intense practices Barnes likes to have our lack of depth would bring us to this point. We just don't have enough bodies to play that way over a full season. It's one reason I have to question Barnes decision not to play more of his bench in those early season contests. You have to build and develop depth. Maybe we just don't have the roster yet? Given that premise I'd have to think how nice it would be to actually play some zone. Pons wouldn't get pulled out to the perimeter and he'd be able to remain a force in the paint. Team could get a bit of a breather and not be worn down so much. Guess it's all a moot point. We're beat up, injured, tired and the season is in the books. Little late to be learning a zone defense, but it seems it would really be of help from time to time. Now I'm going get up off my armchair and grab another cup of coffee.

Their 9-16 season didn’t really excite me. I like it much better when they are really good and then they lose to us or lose in a tournament. After all even with their crappy record they still stomped us once. 1-1 against them when they are 21-4 is a lot more fun than 1-1 when they are 9-16.

Their 9-16 season didn’t really excite me. I like it much better when they are really good and then they lose to us or lose in a tournament. After all even with their crappy record they still stomped us once. 1-1 against them when they are 21-4 is a lot more fun than 1-1 when they are 9-16.
No it isn't. Beating UK anytime is awesome. I don't care if they are 0-24. Fu...Kentucky.

Reactions: StarRaider
Cal should honestly take a chance at the NBA.

I don’t see him winning another title at Kentucky.

VN Store

Back